Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 PM EDT
We knew it was going to be a few more days before fans could get back to booing Kris Humphries due to a sprained shoulder, but now another key Nets player will be out Wednesday against Boston.
“It’s not my ribs, it’s the muscle – obliques,” Williams explained. “It’s pretty sore. Coach and (the trainer) thought it was best for me to sit out. If I got hit on it again, it wouldn’t be good. We’ll see how it goes. I woke up this morning and it was a little more sore than yesterday. I thought it would be better today.”
The injury occurred when Williams was elbowed in the ribs Monday by Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough, a seemingly incidental play that clearly hurt Williams at the time as he fell to the floor (he got up and finished the game). X-Rays were negative.
So, facing a hot Boston side the Nets will be without Williams, Humphries and Brook Lopez. Instead they will start MarShon Brooks and Sundiata Gaines in the back court with Damion Jones, Mehmet Okur and Shelden Williams up front. Yes, we pretty much expect the game to look like this.
The Nets are off Thursday and play again Friday in Toronto.
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 1
- Spurs shut down Zach Randolph in Western Conference Finals’ first major strategic move 0
- Report: Terrence Williams arrested in domestic violence case involving threats with a gun 5
- Kobe was never going to retire this summer, says so on twitter 12
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 3
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (88)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (84)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay