Jan 4, 2012, 12:08 PM EDT
We knew it was going to be a few more days before fans could get back to booing Kris Humphries due to a sprained shoulder, but now another key Nets player will be out Wednesday against Boston.
“It’s not my ribs, it’s the muscle – obliques,” Williams explained. “It’s pretty sore. Coach and (the trainer) thought it was best for me to sit out. If I got hit on it again, it wouldn’t be good. We’ll see how it goes. I woke up this morning and it was a little more sore than yesterday. I thought it would be better today.”
The injury occurred when Williams was elbowed in the ribs Monday by Pacers forward Tyler Hansbrough, a seemingly incidental play that clearly hurt Williams at the time as he fell to the floor (he got up and finished the game). X-Rays were negative.
So, facing a hot Boston side the Nets will be without Williams, Humphries and Brook Lopez. Instead they will start MarShon Brooks and Sundiata Gaines in the back court with Damion Jones, Mehmet Okur and Shelden Williams up front. Yes, we pretty much expect the game to look like this.
The Nets are off Thursday and play again Friday in Toronto.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 11
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23