Jan 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
Watch that video, it could have been a whole lot worse.
Randolph will be out on Tuesday but shouldn’t miss a lot of time, reports the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph is believed to have a bruised medial collateral ligament, which usually is nothing serious. However, barring miraculous healing, the Grizzlies’ power forward will sit out tonight’s home game against the Sacramento Kings.
Randolph still experienced swelling in the knee Monday. He didn’t practice and walked with a serious limp. Randolph is listed as day-to-day, although it appears he’ll need a little time off to recover.
Starting Wednesday the Grizzlies head out on a three-game road trip and Randolph will travel with the team. There is no specific timetable for his return, but Randolph has proven durable through most of his career.
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 6
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 6
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 4
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 7
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19