Jan 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
Watch that video, it could have been a whole lot worse.
Randolph will be out on Tuesday but shouldn’t miss a lot of time, reports the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph is believed to have a bruised medial collateral ligament, which usually is nothing serious. However, barring miraculous healing, the Grizzlies’ power forward will sit out tonight’s home game against the Sacramento Kings.
Randolph still experienced swelling in the knee Monday. He didn’t practice and walked with a serious limp. Randolph is listed as day-to-day, although it appears he’ll need a little time off to recover.
Starting Wednesday the Grizzlies head out on a three-game road trip and Randolph will travel with the team. There is no specific timetable for his return, but Randolph has proven durable through most of his career.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 16
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 17
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 47