Jan 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
Watch that video, it could have been a whole lot worse.
Randolph will be out on Tuesday but shouldn’t miss a lot of time, reports the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph is believed to have a bruised medial collateral ligament, which usually is nothing serious. However, barring miraculous healing, the Grizzlies’ power forward will sit out tonight’s home game against the Sacramento Kings.
Randolph still experienced swelling in the knee Monday. He didn’t practice and walked with a serious limp. Randolph is listed as day-to-day, although it appears he’ll need a little time off to recover.
Starting Wednesday the Grizzlies head out on a three-game road trip and Randolph will travel with the team. There is no specific timetable for his return, but Randolph has proven durable through most of his career.
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 11
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9