Jan 3, 2012, 10:37 AM EST
Watch that video, it could have been a whole lot worse.
Randolph will be out on Tuesday but shouldn’t miss a lot of time, reports the Commercial Appeal.
Randolph is believed to have a bruised medial collateral ligament, which usually is nothing serious. However, barring miraculous healing, the Grizzlies’ power forward will sit out tonight’s home game against the Sacramento Kings.
Randolph still experienced swelling in the knee Monday. He didn’t practice and walked with a serious limp. Randolph is listed as day-to-day, although it appears he’ll need a little time off to recover.
Starting Wednesday the Grizzlies head out on a three-game road trip and Randolph will travel with the team. There is no specific timetable for his return, but Randolph has proven durable through most of his career.
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 0
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 3
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 12
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 26
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (45)