Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Lamar Odom thinks Kevin Love is the Bill Laimbeer for a new generation.
Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team in New York. I don’t even have a joke here.
Great read about North Carolina high school legend JamesOn Curry trying to make it to the NBA.
An impressive list of the social media surrounding the entire NBA (players, writers, bloggers and more)
Break down the numbers and the NBA is color blind — ethnicity has no impact on winning.
Charlie Villanueva made his season debut for the Pistons on Monday. Hope you didn’t blink, you might have missed it. He played just 38 seconds.
Kirk Hinrich has surgery to remove a cyst from his shoulder and it will be another month before he will be back on the floor for the Hawks.
Kris Humphries is having an MRI on his knee and will not travel with the Nets to face the Celtics. He could be out for a little while.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30