Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Lamar Odom thinks Kevin Love is the Bill Laimbeer for a new generation.
Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team in New York. I don’t even have a joke here.
Great read about North Carolina high school legend JamesOn Curry trying to make it to the NBA.
An impressive list of the social media surrounding the entire NBA (players, writers, bloggers and more)
Break down the numbers and the NBA is color blind — ethnicity has no impact on winning.
Charlie Villanueva made his season debut for the Pistons on Monday. Hope you didn’t blink, you might have missed it. He played just 38 seconds.
Kirk Hinrich has surgery to remove a cyst from his shoulder and it will be another month before he will be back on the floor for the Hawks.
Kris Humphries is having an MRI on his knee and will not travel with the Nets to face the Celtics. He could be out for a little while.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11