Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Lamar Odom thinks Kevin Love is the Bill Laimbeer for a new generation.
Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team in New York. I don’t even have a joke here.
Great read about North Carolina high school legend JamesOn Curry trying to make it to the NBA.
An impressive list of the social media surrounding the entire NBA (players, writers, bloggers and more)
Break down the numbers and the NBA is color blind — ethnicity has no impact on winning.
Charlie Villanueva made his season debut for the Pistons on Monday. Hope you didn’t blink, you might have missed it. He played just 38 seconds.
Kirk Hinrich has surgery to remove a cyst from his shoulder and it will be another month before he will be back on the floor for the Hawks.
Kris Humphries is having an MRI on his knee and will not travel with the Nets to face the Celtics. He could be out for a little while.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)