Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Lamar Odom thinks Kevin Love is the Bill Laimbeer for a new generation.
Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team in New York. I don’t even have a joke here.
Great read about North Carolina high school legend JamesOn Curry trying to make it to the NBA.
An impressive list of the social media surrounding the entire NBA (players, writers, bloggers and more)
Break down the numbers and the NBA is color blind — ethnicity has no impact on winning.
Charlie Villanueva made his season debut for the Pistons on Monday. Hope you didn’t blink, you might have missed it. He played just 38 seconds.
Kirk Hinrich has surgery to remove a cyst from his shoulder and it will be another month before he will be back on the floor for the Hawks.
Kris Humphries is having an MRI on his knee and will not travel with the Nets to face the Celtics. He could be out for a little while.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64