Jan 3, 2012, 10:56 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Lamar Odom thinks Kevin Love is the Bill Laimbeer for a new generation.
Dennis Rodman is going to coach a topless women’s basketball team in New York. I don’t even have a joke here.
Great read about North Carolina high school legend JamesOn Curry trying to make it to the NBA.
An impressive list of the social media surrounding the entire NBA (players, writers, bloggers and more)
Break down the numbers and the NBA is color blind — ethnicity has no impact on winning.
Charlie Villanueva made his season debut for the Pistons on Monday. Hope you didn’t blink, you might have missed it. He played just 38 seconds.
Kirk Hinrich has surgery to remove a cyst from his shoulder and it will be another month before he will be back on the floor for the Hawks.
Kris Humphries is having an MRI on his knee and will not travel with the Nets to face the Celtics. He could be out for a little while.
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 1
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 9
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 9
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 53
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13