Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Diogu, a former lottery pick, has bounced around the league for five years, most recently playing 36 games for the Clippers last season. He was a solid rotation player who had microfracture knee surgery a couple years ago and has never returned to form.
He’s a reasonable insurance plan — he’s not bad, he will not take up a lot of shots but when he shoots he hit 59 percent last season, and he’s a solid rebounder. Not spectacular but guy worth having on the bench to provide depth along the front line. I wouldn’t pick him up for your fantasy team, but this is a good veterans minimum signing by the Spurs.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10