Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Diogu, a former lottery pick, has bounced around the league for five years, most recently playing 36 games for the Clippers last season. He was a solid rotation player who had microfracture knee surgery a couple years ago and has never returned to form.
He’s a reasonable insurance plan — he’s not bad, he will not take up a lot of shots but when he shoots he hit 59 percent last season, and he’s a solid rebounder. Not spectacular but guy worth having on the bench to provide depth along the front line. I wouldn’t pick him up for your fantasy team, but this is a good veterans minimum signing by the Spurs.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 29
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 31
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18