Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Diogu, a former lottery pick, has bounced around the league for five years, most recently playing 36 games for the Clippers last season. He was a solid rotation player who had microfracture knee surgery a couple years ago and has never returned to form.
He’s a reasonable insurance plan — he’s not bad, he will not take up a lot of shots but when he shoots he hit 59 percent last season, and he’s a solid rebounder. Not spectacular but guy worth having on the bench to provide depth along the front line. I wouldn’t pick him up for your fantasy team, but this is a good veterans minimum signing by the Spurs.
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 19
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 43
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 18