Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Diogu, a former lottery pick, has bounced around the league for five years, most recently playing 36 games for the Clippers last season. He was a solid rotation player who had microfracture knee surgery a couple years ago and has never returned to form.
He’s a reasonable insurance plan — he’s not bad, he will not take up a lot of shots but when he shoots he hit 59 percent last season, and he’s a solid rebounder. Not spectacular but guy worth having on the bench to provide depth along the front line. I wouldn’t pick him up for your fantasy team, but this is a good veterans minimum signing by the Spurs.
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 0
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 4
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)