Jan 3, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Diogu, a former lottery pick, has bounced around the league for five years, most recently playing 36 games for the Clippers last season. He was a solid rotation player who had microfracture knee surgery a couple years ago and has never returned to form.
He’s a reasonable insurance plan — he’s not bad, he will not take up a lot of shots but when he shoots he hit 59 percent last season, and he’s a solid rebounder. Not spectacular but guy worth having on the bench to provide depth along the front line. I wouldn’t pick him up for your fantasy team, but this is a good veterans minimum signing by the Spurs.
- Warriors take Game 1 from Clippers 13
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 33
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28