Jan 3, 2012, 12:22 PM EDT
In the condensed 66-game NBA schedule this year, the Dallas Mavericks are not scheduled to visit the Washington Wizards.
That trip to Washington D.C. also means the traditional visit to the White House for the NBA champions — Mark Cuban has worked and waited a long time for his team to win a title and he wants all the perks. White House trip included.
“There’s no point in calling them. It’s bull—- by the league not to schedule it,” Cuban said. “I figured I’d do it myself since the league wasn’t smart enough to figure it out. How can you be that stupid? All you’ve got to do is when you’re putting in the scheduling software, say Dallas at Washington, yes. They managed to get Dallas and Miami and all the games set on certain days.”
Hey Cuban: If you want to make sure you get to Washington, don’t lock the players out and play hardball costing a couple months of the season. Problem solved.
Actually, the problem was already solved and the Mavericks will be there next Monday. It’s a stopover on a road trip that includes Detroit and Boston and the team set everything up itself. The league says it worked with the team to set the whole thing up.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 24
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1