Jan 2, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
Ricky Rubio does flashy things on the court, but not for the sake of being flashy (like White Chocolate back in the day). It’s because it’s the efficent way to make the play.
If you need to get the ball to the Anthony Tolliver for the corner three but Dirk Nowtizki is in your way, go between his legs.
Rubio has holes in his game still but his court vision and ability to control the game’s flow is uncanny for a 21-year-old. He makes Minnesota a lot of fun to watch.
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for the find.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 6
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44