Jan 2, 2012, 2:28 PM EST
Ricky Rubio does flashy things on the court, but not for the sake of being flashy (like White Chocolate back in the day). It’s because it’s the efficent way to make the play.
If you need to get the ball to the Anthony Tolliver for the corner three but Dirk Nowtizki is in your way, go between his legs.
Rubio has holes in his game still but his court vision and ability to control the game’s flow is uncanny for a 21-year-old. He makes Minnesota a lot of fun to watch.
Hat tip to Eye on Basketball for the find.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 5
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 32
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (40)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)