Jan 2, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Like sands through the hourglass, so go the Sacramento Kings….
The soap opera that has become the Sacramento Kings will go on the road, tweets Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Source says DeMarcus Cousins will be joining the Kings on their road trip to Memphis and Denver.
It means that some kind of truce has been reached — or forced upon — Cousins and coach Paul Westphal. Although we do not have word Cousins will play. However, the Kings have a back-to-back-to-back this week (at Memphis, at Denver, home to Bucks) so they could use the depth.
Westphal suspended Cousins — not officially, because that can be appealed, but in practice — after a fight between the two after a loss to the Knicks. He did it through a strange coach-released statement that raised as many questions as it answered. He said Cousins demanded a trade, Cousins denied it. Bottom line, Cousins was not part of the Kings first win Sunday night.
Still, the tensions are there. The Kings are not going to trade Cousins, and other teams around the league didn’t really think they would after reading Westphal’s venting statement. Either Cousins and Westphal will learn to coexist or changes will have to be made.
But for now they are on the road together.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29