Jan 2, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Like sands through the hourglass, so go the Sacramento Kings….
The soap opera that has become the Sacramento Kings will go on the road, tweets Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Source says DeMarcus Cousins will be joining the Kings on their road trip to Memphis and Denver.
It means that some kind of truce has been reached — or forced upon — Cousins and coach Paul Westphal. Although we do not have word Cousins will play. However, the Kings have a back-to-back-to-back this week (at Memphis, at Denver, home to Bucks) so they could use the depth.
Westphal suspended Cousins — not officially, because that can be appealed, but in practice — after a fight between the two after a loss to the Knicks. He did it through a strange coach-released statement that raised as many questions as it answered. He said Cousins demanded a trade, Cousins denied it. Bottom line, Cousins was not part of the Kings first win Sunday night.
Still, the tensions are there. The Kings are not going to trade Cousins, and other teams around the league didn’t really think they would after reading Westphal’s venting statement. Either Cousins and Westphal will learn to coexist or changes will have to be made.
But for now they are on the road together.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record