Jan 2, 2012, 6:11 PM EST
Like sands through the hourglass, so go the Sacramento Kings….
The soap opera that has become the Sacramento Kings will go on the road, tweets Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated.
Source says DeMarcus Cousins will be joining the Kings on their road trip to Memphis and Denver.
It means that some kind of truce has been reached — or forced upon — Cousins and coach Paul Westphal. Although we do not have word Cousins will play. However, the Kings have a back-to-back-to-back this week (at Memphis, at Denver, home to Bucks) so they could use the depth.
Westphal suspended Cousins — not officially, because that can be appealed, but in practice — after a fight between the two after a loss to the Knicks. He did it through a strange coach-released statement that raised as many questions as it answered. He said Cousins demanded a trade, Cousins denied it. Bottom line, Cousins was not part of the Kings first win Sunday night.
Still, the tensions are there. The Kings are not going to trade Cousins, and other teams around the league didn’t really think they would after reading Westphal’s venting statement. Either Cousins and Westphal will learn to coexist or changes will have to be made.
But for now they are on the road together.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13