Jan 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Happy birthday LeBron, you’re bald.
Michael Beasley’s finger injury Sunday seemed pretty bad — especially the part on television where you could see him say “that’s my bone” along with some swear words — but he needed just five stitches and may play Monday.
This is one of the best things written on the Paul Westphal/DeMarcus Cousins infighting yet, from Tom Ziller of SacTown Royalty. He reminds us that Westphal butted heads with Gary Payton, too, but other coaches were able to work with him.
Taking a closer look at the Kings’ offense. What offense? Well, sorry DeMarcus, but there is one.
There’s a new basketball arena plan in Seattle with at least one really, really rich guy behind it.
Charlie Bell has signed to play in Italy.
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 2
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5