Jan 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Happy birthday LeBron, you’re bald.
Michael Beasley’s finger injury Sunday seemed pretty bad — especially the part on television where you could see him say “that’s my bone” along with some swear words — but he needed just five stitches and may play Monday.
This is one of the best things written on the Paul Westphal/DeMarcus Cousins infighting yet, from Tom Ziller of SacTown Royalty. He reminds us that Westphal butted heads with Gary Payton, too, but other coaches were able to work with him.
Taking a closer look at the Kings’ offense. What offense? Well, sorry DeMarcus, but there is one.
There’s a new basketball arena plan in Seattle with at least one really, really rich guy behind it.
Charlie Bell has signed to play in Italy.
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 3
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 25
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50