Jan 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Happy birthday LeBron, you’re bald.
Michael Beasley’s finger injury Sunday seemed pretty bad — especially the part on television where you could see him say “that’s my bone” along with some swear words — but he needed just five stitches and may play Monday.
This is one of the best things written on the Paul Westphal/DeMarcus Cousins infighting yet, from Tom Ziller of SacTown Royalty. He reminds us that Westphal butted heads with Gary Payton, too, but other coaches were able to work with him.
Taking a closer look at the Kings’ offense. What offense? Well, sorry DeMarcus, but there is one.
There’s a new basketball arena plan in Seattle with at least one really, really rich guy behind it.
Charlie Bell has signed to play in Italy.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48