Jan 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Happy birthday LeBron, you’re bald.
Michael Beasley’s finger injury Sunday seemed pretty bad — especially the part on television where you could see him say “that’s my bone” along with some swear words — but he needed just five stitches and may play Monday.
This is one of the best things written on the Paul Westphal/DeMarcus Cousins infighting yet, from Tom Ziller of SacTown Royalty. He reminds us that Westphal butted heads with Gary Payton, too, but other coaches were able to work with him.
Taking a closer look at the Kings’ offense. What offense? Well, sorry DeMarcus, but there is one.
There’s a new basketball arena plan in Seattle with at least one really, really rich guy behind it.
Charlie Bell has signed to play in Italy.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8