Jan 2, 2012, 11:14 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Happy birthday LeBron, you’re bald.
Michael Beasley’s finger injury Sunday seemed pretty bad — especially the part on television where you could see him say “that’s my bone” along with some swear words — but he needed just five stitches and may play Monday.
This is one of the best things written on the Paul Westphal/DeMarcus Cousins infighting yet, from Tom Ziller of SacTown Royalty. He reminds us that Westphal butted heads with Gary Payton, too, but other coaches were able to work with him.
Taking a closer look at the Kings’ offense. What offense? Well, sorry DeMarcus, but there is one.
There’s a new basketball arena plan in Seattle with at least one really, really rich guy behind it.
Charlie Bell has signed to play in Italy.
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 1
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 10
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 26
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee 56
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (45)