Jan 2, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
Things are ugly in New Jersey — and they could get a lot worse.
The Nets fell to 1-4 Sunday after getting handled by the Cavaliers on Sunday. They are not a good team. The only thing that would make it worse is if they lost Deron Williams to free agency this summer… so maybe Nets fans should not read the quotes from Williams in the New York Daily News.
“Definitely frustrated. Frustrated with how I’m playing. I’m not helping this team at all. Hoping this gets turned around and we get some wins,” he said, adding, “it’s our fourth in a row. It just keeps building up. I’m playing bad.”
The Nets are inconsistent. They don’t shoot well (38.8 percent on the season, second worst in the NBA). Their defense isn’t much better. They miss Brook Lopez. They turn the ball over on 16.5 percent of their possessions third highest percentage in the league. We could go on and on, but you get the idea.
The dream is Dwight Howard in the lineup and Brooklyn next year. But the reality of right now is ugly and it makes the chances of that dream coming true seem longer every day.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42