Jan 2, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Things are ugly in New Jersey — and they could get a lot worse.
The Nets fell to 1-4 Sunday after getting handled by the Cavaliers on Sunday. They are not a good team. The only thing that would make it worse is if they lost Deron Williams to free agency this summer… so maybe Nets fans should not read the quotes from Williams in the New York Daily News.
“Definitely frustrated. Frustrated with how I’m playing. I’m not helping this team at all. Hoping this gets turned around and we get some wins,” he said, adding, “it’s our fourth in a row. It just keeps building up. I’m playing bad.”
The Nets are inconsistent. They don’t shoot well (38.8 percent on the season, second worst in the NBA). Their defense isn’t much better. They miss Brook Lopez. They turn the ball over on 16.5 percent of their possessions third highest percentage in the league. We could go on and on, but you get the idea.
The dream is Dwight Howard in the lineup and Brooklyn next year. But the reality of right now is ugly and it makes the chances of that dream coming true seem longer every day.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 27
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 50
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 69
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 35
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8