Jan 2, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Things are ugly in New Jersey — and they could get a lot worse.
The Nets fell to 1-4 Sunday after getting handled by the Cavaliers on Sunday. They are not a good team. The only thing that would make it worse is if they lost Deron Williams to free agency this summer… so maybe Nets fans should not read the quotes from Williams in the New York Daily News.
“Definitely frustrated. Frustrated with how I’m playing. I’m not helping this team at all. Hoping this gets turned around and we get some wins,” he said, adding, “it’s our fourth in a row. It just keeps building up. I’m playing bad.”
The Nets are inconsistent. They don’t shoot well (38.8 percent on the season, second worst in the NBA). Their defense isn’t much better. They miss Brook Lopez. They turn the ball over on 16.5 percent of their possessions third highest percentage in the league. We could go on and on, but you get the idea.
The dream is Dwight Howard in the lineup and Brooklyn next year. But the reality of right now is ugly and it makes the chances of that dream coming true seem longer every day.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65