Jan 2, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
Things are ugly in New Jersey — and they could get a lot worse.
The Nets fell to 1-4 Sunday after getting handled by the Cavaliers on Sunday. They are not a good team. The only thing that would make it worse is if they lost Deron Williams to free agency this summer… so maybe Nets fans should not read the quotes from Williams in the New York Daily News.
“Definitely frustrated. Frustrated with how I’m playing. I’m not helping this team at all. Hoping this gets turned around and we get some wins,” he said, adding, “it’s our fourth in a row. It just keeps building up. I’m playing bad.”
The Nets are inconsistent. They don’t shoot well (38.8 percent on the season, second worst in the NBA). Their defense isn’t much better. They miss Brook Lopez. They turn the ball over on 16.5 percent of their possessions third highest percentage in the league. We could go on and on, but you get the idea.
The dream is Dwight Howard in the lineup and Brooklyn next year. But the reality of right now is ugly and it makes the chances of that dream coming true seem longer every day.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49