Jan 2, 2012, 2:12 PM EST
Stoudemire rolled his ankle against the Warriors last week. New York was without him against the Kings Saturday and got the win, but that was the Kings. They have issues. Of course, the Raptors are not a power and are on the second night of a back-to-back after blowing a game against Orlando.
No Stoudemire means Josh Harrellson will start at the four, and the rookie had 14 points and 12 boards against the Kings.
Carmelo Anthony had 23 points in that Kings game, but did it with a very efficient 15 shots, Tyson Chandler had 22 on just eight shots (he got to the line 10 times and didn’t miss once). Toney Douglas tried to balance them out with 17 points on 18 shots.
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)