Jan 1, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
Mo Williams is not having a great couple of years. He went from starting point guard for the regular season’s top team in the East to scapegoat for why LeBron James left Cleveland to starting for one of the worst teams in the league. Then he was traded to the Clippers, and then he lost his starting job. In reality, he’s played pretty well this season, bringing a scoring ability the Clippers need off the bench. But with all the comings and goings, and with Chauncey Billups a late scratch Friday night, the Clippers’ P.A. announcer made a slight mistake that was a little embarrassing for Mo.
Check it out.
Give Williams some props here. He just runs on out, though clearly he’s recognized what happened. Dude’s a pro. No goofy reaction or freak out. Say what you want about Mo, I would have stopped and yelled at the P.A. guy, “Do I look like Mr. Big Shot? I’m Mo Freaking Gotti!”
Ah, the Clippers. Still gonna Clip.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50