Jan 1, 2012, 9:27 AM EDT
Mo Williams is not having a great couple of years. He went from starting point guard for the regular season’s top team in the East to scapegoat for why LeBron James left Cleveland to starting for one of the worst teams in the league. Then he was traded to the Clippers, and then he lost his starting job. In reality, he’s played pretty well this season, bringing a scoring ability the Clippers need off the bench. But with all the comings and goings, and with Chauncey Billups a late scratch Friday night, the Clippers’ P.A. announcer made a slight mistake that was a little embarrassing for Mo.
Check it out.
Give Williams some props here. He just runs on out, though clearly he’s recognized what happened. Dude’s a pro. No goofy reaction or freak out. Say what you want about Mo, I would have stopped and yelled at the P.A. guy, “Do I look like Mr. Big Shot? I’m Mo Freaking Gotti!”
Ah, the Clippers. Still gonna Clip.
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 5
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 11
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5