Dec 31, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
In the first of what will likely be a series of videos aimed at selling Kobe Bryant‘s latest basketball shoe, the Nike Zoom Kobe VII, Bryant’s relentless competitive drive and history of success are used as the starting point for the ad campaign, and the result is a hilarious one.
If you have to explain why something’s funny then it probably isn’t, but the possibility (however small) that Kobe himself believes 100 percent of what he’s saying here makes this fantastic.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31