Dec 31, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
In the first of what will likely be a series of videos aimed at selling Kobe Bryant‘s latest basketball shoe, the Nike Zoom Kobe VII, Bryant’s relentless competitive drive and history of success are used as the starting point for the ad campaign, and the result is a hilarious one.
If you have to explain why something’s funny then it probably isn’t, but the possibility (however small) that Kobe himself believes 100 percent of what he’s saying here makes this fantastic.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 18
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 15
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9