Dec 31, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
In the first of what will likely be a series of videos aimed at selling Kobe Bryant‘s latest basketball shoe, the Nike Zoom Kobe VII, Bryant’s relentless competitive drive and history of success are used as the starting point for the ad campaign, and the result is a hilarious one.
If you have to explain why something’s funny then it probably isn’t, but the possibility (however small) that Kobe himself believes 100 percent of what he’s saying here makes this fantastic.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18