Dec 31, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
If you’re an NBA fan, Parks and Rec (Thursdays on NBC – PLUG LIKE YOU NEED IT) is a great show for you. It has featured Detlef Schrempf, there’s an autographed photo of Larry Bird on Leslie Knope’s office, and last season, Roy Hibbert appeared in two episodes, being paid to “hang out” at the offices of Entertainment 720. What does Entertainment 720 do? Well, nothing, it’s bankrupt now, but when it was operational… yeah, we’re not sure what it did. Anyway, Hibbert recently told the National Post that not only was the cameo his idea, but he’d be open to a third appearance.
I started thinking to myself, ‘What TV show do I watch that I want to be on?” I watch Parks and Rec. It’s set in a fictitious city in Indiana. I called my agent. He called [Saturday Night Live creator] Lorne Michaels. And we went from there.NP Did you have a good time on set?RH I had a great time. I was only in three scenes. But I was there for 10-11 hours. It was so fun. Hopefully I can go back.
I, for one, want to see more of this. If every TV show on television could feature an NBA player? That would be best. Especially if they are exceptionally tall, lanky centers interacting with regular people. Because that’s amazing.
For more on Parks and Rec, check out out our post on Ron Swanson’s Pyramid of Greatness.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 16
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 3
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 55
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6