Dec 31, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
If you’re an NBA fan, Parks and Rec (Thursdays on NBC – PLUG LIKE YOU NEED IT) is a great show for you. It has featured Detlef Schrempf, there’s an autographed photo of Larry Bird on Leslie Knope’s office, and last season, Roy Hibbert appeared in two episodes, being paid to “hang out” at the offices of Entertainment 720. What does Entertainment 720 do? Well, nothing, it’s bankrupt now, but when it was operational… yeah, we’re not sure what it did. Anyway, Hibbert recently told the National Post that not only was the cameo his idea, but he’d be open to a third appearance.
I started thinking to myself, ‘What TV show do I watch that I want to be on?” I watch Parks and Rec. It’s set in a fictitious city in Indiana. I called my agent. He called [Saturday Night Live creator] Lorne Michaels. And we went from there.NP Did you have a good time on set?RH I had a great time. I was only in three scenes. But I was there for 10-11 hours. It was so fun. Hopefully I can go back.
I, for one, want to see more of this. If every TV show on television could feature an NBA player? That would be best. Especially if they are exceptionally tall, lanky centers interacting with regular people. Because that’s amazing.
For more on Parks and Rec, check out out our post on Ron Swanson’s Pyramid of Greatness.
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 0
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 23
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 21
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1