Dec 30, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
Two games in a row it is Dwyane Wade with the game winner.
This time he got a little help from the Timberwolves (who played a feisty game to stick with the Heat). It was 101-101 with six seconds left and the Heat ran Wade off a series of picks curling back into the lane. Wayne Ellington starts out on Wade but quickly gets picked on the first screen by Shane Battier, Ricky Rubio switches on and keeps chasing Wade off the next picks. Ellington floats out with Battier but his responsibility is to come back and protect the rim. He’s late (watch him see it too late and try and get the pass but miss) and Wade has a relatively easy catch-and-shoot on the lob from LeBron James.
Timberwolves, you can always run a zone (or at least a defense with some zone principles) in that situation. Just sayin’.
The Heat are 4-0, but they haven’t been blowing anyone’s doors off the last couple games. Still counts just the same. And Wade is 2-0 on game-winning shots this season.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13