Dec 30, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Two games in a row it is Dwyane Wade with the game winner.
This time he got a little help from the Timberwolves (who played a feisty game to stick with the Heat). It was 101-101 with six seconds left and the Heat ran Wade off a series of picks curling back into the lane. Wayne Ellington starts out on Wade but quickly gets picked on the first screen by Shane Battier, Ricky Rubio switches on and keeps chasing Wade off the next picks. Ellington floats out with Battier but his responsibility is to come back and protect the rim. He’s late (watch him see it too late and try and get the pass but miss) and Wade has a relatively easy catch-and-shoot on the lob from LeBron James.
Timberwolves, you can always run a zone (or at least a defense with some zone principles) in that situation. Just sayin’.
The Heat are 4-0, but they haven’t been blowing anyone’s doors off the last couple games. Still counts just the same. And Wade is 2-0 on game-winning shots this season.
- Stan Van Gundy says he will not coach anywhere next season 0
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 26
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 7
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 20
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (74)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay