Dec 30, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
Golden State’s scoring power could be very depleted when Philadelphia comes to town Saturday.
“Bottom line is he’s a family member going through something right now,” (coach Mark) Jackson said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He can take as much time as he sees fit. There’s no pressure at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”
Stephen Curry, who missed the Warriors last game, worked out with the team but was held out of contact drills on Friday due to his sprained ankle. He will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
In one other bit of Warriors news while we have you here, the team’s deal in principle with Kyrylo Fesenko has fallen though, Steinmetz reports. It’s not known why. The Heat and Raptors had been interested in Fesenko, who played with the Jazz last season, before the Warriors had seemed to nail him down. Now those teams may jump back into negotiations.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 0
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 7
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 4
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 34
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1