Dec 30, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
Golden State’s scoring power could be very depleted when Philadelphia comes to town Saturday.
“Bottom line is he’s a family member going through something right now,” (coach Mark) Jackson said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He can take as much time as he sees fit. There’s no pressure at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”
Stephen Curry, who missed the Warriors last game, worked out with the team but was held out of contact drills on Friday due to his sprained ankle. He will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
In one other bit of Warriors news while we have you here, the team’s deal in principle with Kyrylo Fesenko has fallen though, Steinmetz reports. It’s not known why. The Heat and Raptors had been interested in Fesenko, who played with the Jazz last season, before the Warriors had seemed to nail him down. Now those teams may jump back into negotiations.
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 26
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 6