Dec 30, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
Golden State’s scoring power could be very depleted when Philadelphia comes to town Saturday.
“Bottom line is he’s a family member going through something right now,” (coach Mark) Jackson said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He can take as much time as he sees fit. There’s no pressure at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”
Stephen Curry, who missed the Warriors last game, worked out with the team but was held out of contact drills on Friday due to his sprained ankle. He will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
In one other bit of Warriors news while we have you here, the team’s deal in principle with Kyrylo Fesenko has fallen though, Steinmetz reports. It’s not known why. The Heat and Raptors had been interested in Fesenko, who played with the Jazz last season, before the Warriors had seemed to nail him down. Now those teams may jump back into negotiations.
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 3
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 34
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 79
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 3
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11