Dec 30, 2011, 5:33 PM EDT
Golden State’s scoring power could be very depleted when Philadelphia comes to town Saturday.
“Bottom line is he’s a family member going through something right now,” (coach Mark) Jackson said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. He can take as much time as he sees fit. There’s no pressure at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with him.”
Stephen Curry, who missed the Warriors last game, worked out with the team but was held out of contact drills on Friday due to his sprained ankle. He will be a game-time decision on Saturday.
In one other bit of Warriors news while we have you here, the team’s deal in principle with Kyrylo Fesenko has fallen though, Steinmetz reports. It’s not known why. The Heat and Raptors had been interested in Fesenko, who played with the Jazz last season, before the Warriors had seemed to nail him down. Now those teams may jump back into negotiations.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3