Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14