Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 13
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 35
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 12
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 36
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33