Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50