Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6