Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EST
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 12
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 4
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) 28
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 1
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Vintage Dwyane Wade sighting 3
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (106)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)