Dec 30, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
He is about to own a piece of Roma of the Serie A league in Italy, reports the Associated Press.
Roma confirmed to The Associated Press that Garnett accepted an offer from James Pallotta, one of the four Boston executives who closed a deal in August to become the first foreign majority owners of a Serie A club. Pallotta also is a minority owner of the Celtics.
If I have to explain to you where Roma is based out of, well, you wouldn’t do well on any game shows hosted by Jeff Foxworthy.
Currently, Roma is sixth in Italia standings, safely away from the relegation zone but not assuring themselves a spot in any of the major European club tournaments, either.
If we suddenly see Roma players clapping in the face of smaller opponents, we’ll know Garnett has been working with them.
KG should learn the name Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, too. Just trust me.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20