Dec 30, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Boston’s zone defense that slowed the Heat was put in because their man-to-man defense was so bad.
The New York Knicks still need an identity.
Agent Happy Walters had an interest in buying a piece of the 76ers when they were recently for sale.
I think Russell Westbrook is a far better fit in OKC than Rajon Rondo. But here is the argument from J.A.Adande of ESPN that Westbrook doesn’t fit either.
Jameer Nelson is questionable for Friday’s game against Charlotte after leaving Thursday night with spasms in his neck.
The Golden State Warriors as a defensive team?
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11