Dec 30, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Boston’s zone defense that slowed the Heat was put in because their man-to-man defense was so bad.
The New York Knicks still need an identity.
Agent Happy Walters had an interest in buying a piece of the 76ers when they were recently for sale.
I think Russell Westbrook is a far better fit in OKC than Rajon Rondo. But here is the argument from J.A.Adande of ESPN that Westbrook doesn’t fit either.
Jameer Nelson is questionable for Friday’s game against Charlotte after leaving Thursday night with spasms in his neck.
The Golden State Warriors as a defensive team?
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40