Dec 30, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
One thing that has seemed self evident in the Knicks two losses on the West Coast is that they lack a team-organizing point guard. They don’t need Chris Paul or Rajon Rondo level players at the point, but they need someone who better fits Mike D’Antoni’s system and can organize the offense better. The Knicks are actually 24th in the league in points per possession so far this season (they were seventh last season).
“Everything I hear is positive, but there’s no timetable yet,’’ D’Antoni said. “He’s doing everything possible to get ready as soon as he can. But it’s going to be a while. I keep asking him every hour or so. He’s still got about five weeks to go.’’
The Knicks have got to find some focus and stability — at both ends of the floor — before Davis’ likely February return. They can’t be waiting for the cavalry to come over the hill.
I’m not Davis’ biggest fan — I think he has been wildly inconsistent on the court the past few seasons — but he would be a huge help to the Knicks right now. They could really use his court vision in transition, his swagger, his beard, the whole package.
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars