Dec 30, 2011, 12:01 PM EDT
One thing that has seemed self evident in the Knicks two losses on the West Coast is that they lack a team-organizing point guard. They don’t need Chris Paul or Rajon Rondo level players at the point, but they need someone who better fits Mike D’Antoni’s system and can organize the offense better. The Knicks are actually 24th in the league in points per possession so far this season (they were seventh last season).
“Everything I hear is positive, but there’s no timetable yet,’’ D’Antoni said. “He’s doing everything possible to get ready as soon as he can. But it’s going to be a while. I keep asking him every hour or so. He’s still got about five weeks to go.’’
The Knicks have got to find some focus and stability — at both ends of the floor — before Davis’ likely February return. They can’t be waiting for the cavalry to come over the hill.
I’m not Davis’ biggest fan — I think he has been wildly inconsistent on the court the past few seasons — but he would be a huge help to the Knicks right now. They could really use his court vision in transition, his swagger, his beard, the whole package.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 3
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48