Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Just to add to the misery of the Knicks last couple of days…
Amar’e Stoudemire rolled his ankle during the fourth quarter of the Knicks loss to the Lakers on Thursday and is questionable for the team’s game Saturday in Sacramento, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
“I have it wrapped up, I’ll get an assessment (Friday) on it and see how it feels,’’ Stoudemire said.
The Knicks already are without Jarred Jeffries and Iman Shumpert due to injuries, hurting the team’s depth.
The Knicks have had a rough go on a Western swing, scoring just 78 against Golden State and 82 against the Lakers the next night, both games Knicks losses. They aren’t winning with defense either, as the Lakers shot better than 70 percent into the third quarter.
The Knicks need a win (it’s not “must win” on Saturday as Carmelo Anthony said, but they sure could use one). Doing that without Stoudemire will be much more difficult.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4