Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Just to add to the misery of the Knicks last couple of days…
Amar’e Stoudemire rolled his ankle during the fourth quarter of the Knicks loss to the Lakers on Thursday and is questionable for the team’s game Saturday in Sacramento, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
“I have it wrapped up, I’ll get an assessment (Friday) on it and see how it feels,’’ Stoudemire said.
The Knicks already are without Jarred Jeffries and Iman Shumpert due to injuries, hurting the team’s depth.
The Knicks have had a rough go on a Western swing, scoring just 78 against Golden State and 82 against the Lakers the next night, both games Knicks losses. They aren’t winning with defense either, as the Lakers shot better than 70 percent into the third quarter.
The Knicks need a win (it’s not “must win” on Saturday as Carmelo Anthony said, but they sure could use one). Doing that without Stoudemire will be much more difficult.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20