Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Just to add to the misery of the Knicks last couple of days…
Amar’e Stoudemire rolled his ankle during the fourth quarter of the Knicks loss to the Lakers on Thursday and is questionable for the team’s game Saturday in Sacramento, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
“I have it wrapped up, I’ll get an assessment (Friday) on it and see how it feels,’’ Stoudemire said.
The Knicks already are without Jarred Jeffries and Iman Shumpert due to injuries, hurting the team’s depth.
The Knicks have had a rough go on a Western swing, scoring just 78 against Golden State and 82 against the Lakers the next night, both games Knicks losses. They aren’t winning with defense either, as the Lakers shot better than 70 percent into the third quarter.
The Knicks need a win (it’s not “must win” on Saturday as Carmelo Anthony said, but they sure could use one). Doing that without Stoudemire will be much more difficult.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17