Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Just to add to the misery of the Knicks last couple of days…
Amar’e Stoudemire rolled his ankle during the fourth quarter of the Knicks loss to the Lakers on Thursday and is questionable for the team’s game Saturday in Sacramento, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
“I have it wrapped up, I’ll get an assessment (Friday) on it and see how it feels,’’ Stoudemire said.
The Knicks already are without Jarred Jeffries and Iman Shumpert due to injuries, hurting the team’s depth.
The Knicks have had a rough go on a Western swing, scoring just 78 against Golden State and 82 against the Lakers the next night, both games Knicks losses. They aren’t winning with defense either, as the Lakers shot better than 70 percent into the third quarter.
The Knicks need a win (it’s not “must win” on Saturday as Carmelo Anthony said, but they sure could use one). Doing that without Stoudemire will be much more difficult.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18