Dec 30, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
Just to add to the misery of the Knicks last couple of days…
Amar’e Stoudemire rolled his ankle during the fourth quarter of the Knicks loss to the Lakers on Thursday and is questionable for the team’s game Saturday in Sacramento, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.
“I have it wrapped up, I’ll get an assessment (Friday) on it and see how it feels,’’ Stoudemire said.
The Knicks already are without Jarred Jeffries and Iman Shumpert due to injuries, hurting the team’s depth.
The Knicks have had a rough go on a Western swing, scoring just 78 against Golden State and 82 against the Lakers the next night, both games Knicks losses. They aren’t winning with defense either, as the Lakers shot better than 70 percent into the third quarter.
The Knicks need a win (it’s not “must win” on Saturday as Carmelo Anthony said, but they sure could use one). Doing that without Stoudemire will be much more difficult.
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 7
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5