Dec 29, 2011, 10:46 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
On Dwyane Wade’s game winner Wednesday: John Schuhmann of NBA.com reminds us that last season the Heat were 1-for-18 shooting in the last 10 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime with a tie game or with a deficit of 1-3 points. This season they are now 1-0. Even though Wade traveled on the play.
How do you get me to attend a Cavaliers game? Beer tasting.
Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer: The Cavaliers lead NBA in bench scoring averaging 53.5 points per game, with the Nuggets second at 52.5. The numbers come from the Elias Sports Bureau.
Rich Cho almost left basketball when the Trail Blazers fired him as GM. That would have been a big loss to the league.
The former owners of the 76ers are being sued by two executives who want a $2 million finders fee for the sale.
Gerald Green is playing in the D-League for the D-Fenders.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20