Dec 29, 2011, 10:46 AM EDT
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
On Dwyane Wade’s game winner Wednesday: John Schuhmann of NBA.com reminds us that last season the Heat were 1-for-18 shooting in the last 10 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime with a tie game or with a deficit of 1-3 points. This season they are now 1-0. Even though Wade traveled on the play.
How do you get me to attend a Cavaliers game? Beer tasting.
Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer: The Cavaliers lead NBA in bench scoring averaging 53.5 points per game, with the Nuggets second at 52.5. The numbers come from the Elias Sports Bureau.
Rich Cho almost left basketball when the Trail Blazers fired him as GM. That would have been a big loss to the league.
The former owners of the 76ers are being sued by two executives who want a $2 million finders fee for the sale.
Gerald Green is playing in the D-League for the D-Fenders.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13