Dec 29, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
On Dwyane Wade’s game winner Wednesday: John Schuhmann of NBA.com reminds us that last season the Heat were 1-for-18 shooting in the last 10 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime with a tie game or with a deficit of 1-3 points. This season they are now 1-0. Even though Wade traveled on the play.
How do you get me to attend a Cavaliers game? Beer tasting.
Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer: The Cavaliers lead NBA in bench scoring averaging 53.5 points per game, with the Nuggets second at 52.5. The numbers come from the Elias Sports Bureau.
Rich Cho almost left basketball when the Trail Blazers fired him as GM. That would have been a big loss to the league.
The former owners of the 76ers are being sued by two executives who want a $2 million finders fee for the sale.
Gerald Green is playing in the D-League for the D-Fenders.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16