Dec 29, 2011, 10:46 AM EST
Welcome to our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
On Dwyane Wade’s game winner Wednesday: John Schuhmann of NBA.com reminds us that last season the Heat were 1-for-18 shooting in the last 10 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime with a tie game or with a deficit of 1-3 points. This season they are now 1-0. Even though Wade traveled on the play.
How do you get me to attend a Cavaliers game? Beer tasting.
Via the Cleveland Plain Dealer: The Cavaliers lead NBA in bench scoring averaging 53.5 points per game, with the Nuggets second at 52.5. The numbers come from the Elias Sports Bureau.
Rich Cho almost left basketball when the Trail Blazers fired him as GM. That would have been a big loss to the league.
The former owners of the 76ers are being sued by two executives who want a $2 million finders fee for the sale.
Gerald Green is playing in the D-League for the D-Fenders.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13