Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Expect to see Paul Pierce back in a Celtics uniform when they take on the Pistons Friday.
Nothing is official yet, but that has been the rumor for a while. Then came this tweet from Pierce on Thursday:
I’m close very very close very
Celtics fans will forgive the odd grammar if he gets back on the court and stops the 0-3 slide.
On the flip side, Pierce said later he was “here to bowl” so maybe he was playing, but it didn’t feel like it (the tweets were a ways apart).
Thing is, offense has not been the Celtics problem so far, that has been there defense — teams are shooting 49.6 percent against Boston so far, second worst in the league. Maybe that is rust from the condensed training camp and reduced exhibition games, but they had better get that end of the court squared away fast or Pierce will prove not to be the answer.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 17
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2