Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Expect to see Paul Pierce back in a Celtics uniform when they take on the Pistons Friday.
Nothing is official yet, but that has been the rumor for a while. Then came this tweet from Pierce on Thursday:
I’m close very very close very
Celtics fans will forgive the odd grammar if he gets back on the court and stops the 0-3 slide.
On the flip side, Pierce said later he was “here to bowl” so maybe he was playing, but it didn’t feel like it (the tweets were a ways apart).
Thing is, offense has not been the Celtics problem so far, that has been there defense — teams are shooting 49.6 percent against Boston so far, second worst in the league. Maybe that is rust from the condensed training camp and reduced exhibition games, but they had better get that end of the court squared away fast or Pierce will prove not to be the answer.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 2
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30