Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Expect to see Paul Pierce back in a Celtics uniform when they take on the Pistons Friday.
Nothing is official yet, but that has been the rumor for a while. Then came this tweet from Pierce on Thursday:
I’m close very very close very
Celtics fans will forgive the odd grammar if he gets back on the court and stops the 0-3 slide.
On the flip side, Pierce said later he was “here to bowl” so maybe he was playing, but it didn’t feel like it (the tweets were a ways apart).
Thing is, offense has not been the Celtics problem so far, that has been there defense — teams are shooting 49.6 percent against Boston so far, second worst in the league. Maybe that is rust from the condensed training camp and reduced exhibition games, but they had better get that end of the court squared away fast or Pierce will prove not to be the answer.
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 0
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 23
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 10
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)