Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
Expect to see Paul Pierce back in a Celtics uniform when they take on the Pistons Friday.
Nothing is official yet, but that has been the rumor for a while. Then came this tweet from Pierce on Thursday:
I’m close very very close very
Celtics fans will forgive the odd grammar if he gets back on the court and stops the 0-3 slide.
On the flip side, Pierce said later he was “here to bowl” so maybe he was playing, but it didn’t feel like it (the tweets were a ways apart).
Thing is, offense has not been the Celtics problem so far, that has been there defense — teams are shooting 49.6 percent against Boston so far, second worst in the league. Maybe that is rust from the condensed training camp and reduced exhibition games, but they had better get that end of the court squared away fast or Pierce will prove not to be the answer.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 13
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 20