Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
Expect to see Paul Pierce back in a Celtics uniform when they take on the Pistons Friday.
Nothing is official yet, but that has been the rumor for a while. Then came this tweet from Pierce on Thursday:
I’m close very very close very
Celtics fans will forgive the odd grammar if he gets back on the court and stops the 0-3 slide.
On the flip side, Pierce said later he was “here to bowl” so maybe he was playing, but it didn’t feel like it (the tweets were a ways apart).
Thing is, offense has not been the Celtics problem so far, that has been there defense — teams are shooting 49.6 percent against Boston so far, second worst in the league. Maybe that is rust from the condensed training camp and reduced exhibition games, but they had better get that end of the court squared away fast or Pierce will prove not to be the answer.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6