Dec 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Yvette Prieto is about to get a lot of sweet, free Nike gear.
Michael Jordan has become engaged to longtime girlfriend Prieto, his spokeswoman confirmed to WCNC in Charlotte. Prieto is a Cuban-born model who has been dating Jordan for more than three years.
This would be Jordan’s second marriage. He was married for17 years to Juanita, but the couple divorced in 2006.
Jordan, the legendary Bull, is currently the owner of the Bobcats. As part of this marriage she could get half of the franchise in a divorce, so she might want to get a pre-nuptial agreement to protect herself.
No word on a wedding date (nor do I have any idea what you get Jordan for a gift, save for an All-Star wing for the Bobcats). All we can really say is congratulations and good luck.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 19
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 67
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8