Dec 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
Yvette Prieto is about to get a lot of sweet, free Nike gear.
Michael Jordan has become engaged to longtime girlfriend Prieto, his spokeswoman confirmed to WCNC in Charlotte. Prieto is a Cuban-born model who has been dating Jordan for more than three years.
This would be Jordan’s second marriage. He was married for17 years to Juanita, but the couple divorced in 2006.
Jordan, the legendary Bull, is currently the owner of the Bobcats. As part of this marriage she could get half of the franchise in a divorce, so she might want to get a pre-nuptial agreement to protect herself.
No word on a wedding date (nor do I have any idea what you get Jordan for a gift, save for an All-Star wing for the Bobcats). All we can really say is congratulations and good luck.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8