Dec 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Yvette Prieto is about to get a lot of sweet, free Nike gear.
Michael Jordan has become engaged to longtime girlfriend Prieto, his spokeswoman confirmed to WCNC in Charlotte. Prieto is a Cuban-born model who has been dating Jordan for more than three years.
This would be Jordan’s second marriage. He was married for17 years to Juanita, but the couple divorced in 2006.
Jordan, the legendary Bull, is currently the owner of the Bobcats. As part of this marriage she could get half of the franchise in a divorce, so she might want to get a pre-nuptial agreement to protect herself.
No word on a wedding date (nor do I have any idea what you get Jordan for a gift, save for an All-Star wing for the Bobcats). All we can really say is congratulations and good luck.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85