Dec 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EST
Yvette Prieto is about to get a lot of sweet, free Nike gear.
Michael Jordan has become engaged to longtime girlfriend Prieto, his spokeswoman confirmed to WCNC in Charlotte. Prieto is a Cuban-born model who has been dating Jordan for more than three years.
This would be Jordan’s second marriage. He was married for17 years to Juanita, but the couple divorced in 2006.
Jordan, the legendary Bull, is currently the owner of the Bobcats. As part of this marriage she could get half of the franchise in a divorce, so she might want to get a pre-nuptial agreement to protect herself.
No word on a wedding date (nor do I have any idea what you get Jordan for a gift, save for an All-Star wing for the Bobcats). All we can really say is congratulations and good luck.
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 0
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 8
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)