Dec 29, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Apparently that went well because now he is officially a member of the Suns, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. This is a one-year deal for the veterans’ minimum. Redd is still a couple weeks away from suiting up and stepping into a game, Coro reports.
Redd has played in just 61 games and had two major knee surgeries in the past three seasons. But the Suns checked his knee out and are going to take the chance.
Part of it is that the Suns need scoring — their offense has sputtered for two games and they need someone who can knock down shots. Five years ago, Redd could knock down jumpers with the best in the game, if he can give the Suns just a fraction of that now he is worth the risk to them. It’s not like they have a lot of other options….
Don’t go to the “trade Steve Nash” card yet. The Suns aren’t.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2