Dec 29, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Apparently that went well because now he is officially a member of the Suns, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. This is a one-year deal for the veterans’ minimum. Redd is still a couple weeks away from suiting up and stepping into a game, Coro reports.
Redd has played in just 61 games and had two major knee surgeries in the past three seasons. But the Suns checked his knee out and are going to take the chance.
Part of it is that the Suns need scoring — their offense has sputtered for two games and they need someone who can knock down shots. Five years ago, Redd could knock down jumpers with the best in the game, if he can give the Suns just a fraction of that now he is worth the risk to them. It’s not like they have a lot of other options….
Don’t go to the “trade Steve Nash” card yet. The Suns aren’t.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 14
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0