Dec 29, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Apparently that went well because now he is officially a member of the Suns, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. This is a one-year deal for the veterans’ minimum. Redd is still a couple weeks away from suiting up and stepping into a game, Coro reports.
Redd has played in just 61 games and had two major knee surgeries in the past three seasons. But the Suns checked his knee out and are going to take the chance.
Part of it is that the Suns need scoring — their offense has sputtered for two games and they need someone who can knock down shots. Five years ago, Redd could knock down jumpers with the best in the game, if he can give the Suns just a fraction of that now he is worth the risk to them. It’s not like they have a lot of other options….
Don’t go to the “trade Steve Nash” card yet. The Suns aren’t.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3