Dec 29, 2011, 2:38 PM EDT
Apparently that went well because now he is officially a member of the Suns, according to Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. This is a one-year deal for the veterans’ minimum. Redd is still a couple weeks away from suiting up and stepping into a game, Coro reports.
Redd has played in just 61 games and had two major knee surgeries in the past three seasons. But the Suns checked his knee out and are going to take the chance.
Part of it is that the Suns need scoring — their offense has sputtered for two games and they need someone who can knock down shots. Five years ago, Redd could knock down jumpers with the best in the game, if he can give the Suns just a fraction of that now he is worth the risk to them. It’s not like they have a lot of other options….
Don’t go to the “trade Steve Nash” card yet. The Suns aren’t.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 5
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48