Dec 29, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
It was 24 seconds into the Grizzlies playoff rematch with the Thunder when point guard Mike Conley rolled his ankle, and at the time we didn’t know the severity. All we knew was Conley didn’t come back and rookie Jeremy Pargo was thrown into the fire (and acquitted himself quite well).
Conley was wearing a boot on his ankle after the game and may miss the Grizzlies next two contests — Friday against the Rockets and Sunday in Chicago against Derrick Rose and the Bulls — reports the Commercial Appeal.
Conley tweaked his ankle in the preseason but tried to play through it. Now the Grizzlies would be smart to let this heal fully, you don’t want this to linger.
Pargo (the brother of NBA journeyman Jannero) had 15 points and 7 assists with just one turnover in 37 minutes matched up largely against Russell Westbrook. He pushed the pace and did a good job creating shots for others.
He was spelled by another rookie, Josh Selby, who played solidly. Both Pargo and Selby will get more run the next couple games, it appears.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 0
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 7
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 27
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22