Dec 29, 2011, 12:58 PM EDT
It was 24 seconds into the Grizzlies playoff rematch with the Thunder when point guard Mike Conley rolled his ankle, and at the time we didn’t know the severity. All we knew was Conley didn’t come back and rookie Jeremy Pargo was thrown into the fire (and acquitted himself quite well).
Conley was wearing a boot on his ankle after the game and may miss the Grizzlies next two contests — Friday against the Rockets and Sunday in Chicago against Derrick Rose and the Bulls — reports the Commercial Appeal.
Conley tweaked his ankle in the preseason but tried to play through it. Now the Grizzlies would be smart to let this heal fully, you don’t want this to linger.
Pargo (the brother of NBA journeyman Jannero) had 15 points and 7 assists with just one turnover in 37 minutes matched up largely against Russell Westbrook. He pushed the pace and did a good job creating shots for others.
He was spelled by another rookie, Josh Selby, who played solidly. Both Pargo and Selby will get more run the next couple games, it appears.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4