Dec 29, 2011, 12:58 PM EST
It was 24 seconds into the Grizzlies playoff rematch with the Thunder when point guard Mike Conley rolled his ankle, and at the time we didn’t know the severity. All we knew was Conley didn’t come back and rookie Jeremy Pargo was thrown into the fire (and acquitted himself quite well).
Conley was wearing a boot on his ankle after the game and may miss the Grizzlies next two contests — Friday against the Rockets and Sunday in Chicago against Derrick Rose and the Bulls — reports the Commercial Appeal.
Conley tweaked his ankle in the preseason but tried to play through it. Now the Grizzlies would be smart to let this heal fully, you don’t want this to linger.
Pargo (the brother of NBA journeyman Jannero) had 15 points and 7 assists with just one turnover in 37 minutes matched up largely against Russell Westbrook. He pushed the pace and did a good job creating shots for others.
He was spelled by another rookie, Josh Selby, who played solidly. Both Pargo and Selby will get more run the next couple games, it appears.
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 18
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 7
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 6
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 25