Dec 29, 2011, 4:55 PM EDT
This is going to get blown out of proportion, no matter how much I try to tamp it down here. Even if I tell you this kind of thing happens all the time.
“Since he’s been in the league, every time he comes to town, we go eat dinner and just kick it,” Howard said after the Magic’s shootaround today. “We’ve been friends since the Olympics, and so we go out to eat, have a bite.”
Let’s not be naïve — at some point future plans and if they might play together came up. Williams may have tried to sell him on Brooklyn, they may have talked about Dallas. Heck, they may have talked about Cleveland for all we know. Okay, probably not.
But mostly they probably talked about families and hobbies and whatever else they share in common. Like their gold medals and if they want to get another one next summer. This was not high pressure recruiting and no decisions were made. They talked like friends talk.
These kinds of dinners happen all the time among players. It’s really not a big deal.
What I really want to know is, what did they have to eat? Pho? Steaks? Roast duck in a nice cherry sauce? Dang, now I’m hungry.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 0
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15