Dec 28, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
This is the best block of the year. Guaranteed. Even though it should have been a bucket.
LeBron James‘ powerful dunk is blocked by the head of the Bobcats Gerald Henderson. The ball went through the basket as Henderson tried to go for the traditional block but it hits his head and bounces out.
The refs don’t catch it — they probably thought it was a clean block — and say he missed the dunk. Miami went on to win the game 96-95, so no harm no foul but this bad call almost had a big impact. Still, the block stands. So brilliant job by Henderson. Just don’t try this at home.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 0
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 12
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)