Dec 28, 2011, 11:27 PM EDT
This is the best block of the year. Guaranteed. Even though it should have been a bucket.
LeBron James‘ powerful dunk is blocked by the head of the Bobcats Gerald Henderson. The ball went through the basket as Henderson tried to go for the traditional block but it hits his head and bounces out.
The refs don’t catch it — they probably thought it was a clean block — and say he missed the dunk. Miami went on to win the game 96-95, so no harm no foul but this bad call almost had a big impact. Still, the block stands. So brilliant job by Henderson. Just don’t try this at home.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 12
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 24
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 65
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65