Dec 28, 2011, 11:27 PM EST
This is the best block of the year. Guaranteed. Even though it should have been a bucket.
LeBron James‘ powerful dunk is blocked by the head of the Bobcats Gerald Henderson. The ball went through the basket as Henderson tried to go for the traditional block but it hits his head and bounces out.
The refs don’t catch it — they probably thought it was a clean block — and say he missed the dunk. Miami went on to win the game 96-95, so no harm no foul but this bad call almost had a big impact. Still, the block stands. So brilliant job by Henderson. Just don’t try this at home.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20