Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
The next sentence may tell you all you need to know about the supply and demand for true big men in the NBA.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla is drawing interest from the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, according to a report in the Journal Times. The paper’s Gery Woefel spoke to Przybilla’s agent Bill Duffy.
“(The Bucks) made it clear how much they want him,” Duffy said. “I think it would be a good fit.”
Przybilla is going to turn 32 this season and is coming off two knee surgeries that have limited him to playing 66 games the last two seasons combined. When healthy he can be a solid backup big, a guy who can give you 15-20 nice minutes off the bench and block a few shots. But health and how much he can give now are the questions.
But teams are interested. Which explains the state of big men in the NBA.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 0
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10