Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
The next sentence may tell you all you need to know about the supply and demand for true big men in the NBA.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla is drawing interest from the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, according to a report in the Journal Times. The paper’s Gery Woefel spoke to Przybilla’s agent Bill Duffy.
“(The Bucks) made it clear how much they want him,” Duffy said. “I think it would be a good fit.”
Przybilla is going to turn 32 this season and is coming off two knee surgeries that have limited him to playing 66 games the last two seasons combined. When healthy he can be a solid backup big, a guy who can give you 15-20 nice minutes off the bench and block a few shots. But health and how much he can give now are the questions.
But teams are interested. Which explains the state of big men in the NBA.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 0
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 17
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 19
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 27
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10