Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
The next sentence may tell you all you need to know about the supply and demand for true big men in the NBA.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla is drawing interest from the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, according to a report in the Journal Times. The paper’s Gery Woefel spoke to Przybilla’s agent Bill Duffy.
“(The Bucks) made it clear how much they want him,” Duffy said. “I think it would be a good fit.”
Przybilla is going to turn 32 this season and is coming off two knee surgeries that have limited him to playing 66 games the last two seasons combined. When healthy he can be a solid backup big, a guy who can give you 15-20 nice minutes off the bench and block a few shots. But health and how much he can give now are the questions.
But teams are interested. Which explains the state of big men in the NBA.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 8
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 7
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 36
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 14
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10