Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
The next sentence may tell you all you need to know about the supply and demand for true big men in the NBA.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla is drawing interest from the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, according to a report in the Journal Times. The paper’s Gery Woefel spoke to Przybilla’s agent Bill Duffy.
“(The Bucks) made it clear how much they want him,” Duffy said. “I think it would be a good fit.”
Przybilla is going to turn 32 this season and is coming off two knee surgeries that have limited him to playing 66 games the last two seasons combined. When healthy he can be a solid backup big, a guy who can give you 15-20 nice minutes off the bench and block a few shots. But health and how much he can give now are the questions.
But teams are interested. Which explains the state of big men in the NBA.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 4
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 13
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 6
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 10
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (100)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'