Dec 28, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
The next sentence may tell you all you need to know about the supply and demand for true big men in the NBA.
Free agent center Joel Przybilla is drawing interest from the Milwaukee Bucks, Miami Heat and Los Angeles Clippers, according to a report in the Journal Times. The paper’s Gery Woefel spoke to Przybilla’s agent Bill Duffy.
“(The Bucks) made it clear how much they want him,” Duffy said. “I think it would be a good fit.”
Przybilla is going to turn 32 this season and is coming off two knee surgeries that have limited him to playing 66 games the last two seasons combined. When healthy he can be a solid backup big, a guy who can give you 15-20 nice minutes off the bench and block a few shots. But health and how much he can give now are the questions.
But teams are interested. Which explains the state of big men in the NBA.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31