Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Green could be devastated, sitting around his house cursing the fates and wondering what might have been. He was to be a key cog for a Celtics team looking to hang a banner, instead he is out for the season following heart surgery.
Instead, Green is in a pretty good place.
He spoke with the Boston Globe about his mental state as he hung out and joked around with the team in Miami before the Heat game.
“I’m very relieved, because I can play basketball again,’’ he said before the Celtics lost to the Heat, 115-107, last night at American Airlines Arena. “It’s a blessing that it was found because you never know what could happen….
“It’s like therapy, man,’’ he said. “Being around the team really helps me relax. It takes my mind off of it because I don’t want to be sitting around in the house thinking about the whole thing. You can go crazy doing that.’’
There’s a lot of hard work ahead of him, but anyone involved in rehab will tell you that the attitude of the patient is half the battle. At least. And it sounds like Green is in the right frame of mind.
We hope to see him back on the court next season.
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 0
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2