Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Green could be devastated, sitting around his house cursing the fates and wondering what might have been. He was to be a key cog for a Celtics team looking to hang a banner, instead he is out for the season following heart surgery.
Instead, Green is in a pretty good place.
He spoke with the Boston Globe about his mental state as he hung out and joked around with the team in Miami before the Heat game.
“I’m very relieved, because I can play basketball again,’’ he said before the Celtics lost to the Heat, 115-107, last night at American Airlines Arena. “It’s a blessing that it was found because you never know what could happen….
“It’s like therapy, man,’’ he said. “Being around the team really helps me relax. It takes my mind off of it because I don’t want to be sitting around in the house thinking about the whole thing. You can go crazy doing that.’’
There’s a lot of hard work ahead of him, but anyone involved in rehab will tell you that the attitude of the patient is half the battle. At least. And it sounds like Green is in the right frame of mind.
We hope to see him back on the court next season.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 19
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28