Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Green could be devastated, sitting around his house cursing the fates and wondering what might have been. He was to be a key cog for a Celtics team looking to hang a banner, instead he is out for the season following heart surgery.
Instead, Green is in a pretty good place.
He spoke with the Boston Globe about his mental state as he hung out and joked around with the team in Miami before the Heat game.
“I’m very relieved, because I can play basketball again,’’ he said before the Celtics lost to the Heat, 115-107, last night at American Airlines Arena. “It’s a blessing that it was found because you never know what could happen….
“It’s like therapy, man,’’ he said. “Being around the team really helps me relax. It takes my mind off of it because I don’t want to be sitting around in the house thinking about the whole thing. You can go crazy doing that.’’
There’s a lot of hard work ahead of him, but anyone involved in rehab will tell you that the attitude of the patient is half the battle. At least. And it sounds like Green is in the right frame of mind.
We hope to see him back on the court next season.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5