Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Green could be devastated, sitting around his house cursing the fates and wondering what might have been. He was to be a key cog for a Celtics team looking to hang a banner, instead he is out for the season following heart surgery.
Instead, Green is in a pretty good place.
He spoke with the Boston Globe about his mental state as he hung out and joked around with the team in Miami before the Heat game.
“I’m very relieved, because I can play basketball again,’’ he said before the Celtics lost to the Heat, 115-107, last night at American Airlines Arena. “It’s a blessing that it was found because you never know what could happen….
“It’s like therapy, man,’’ he said. “Being around the team really helps me relax. It takes my mind off of it because I don’t want to be sitting around in the house thinking about the whole thing. You can go crazy doing that.’’
There’s a lot of hard work ahead of him, but anyone involved in rehab will tell you that the attitude of the patient is half the battle. At least. And it sounds like Green is in the right frame of mind.
We hope to see him back on the court next season.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27