Dec 28, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Jeff Green could be devastated, sitting around his house cursing the fates and wondering what might have been. He was to be a key cog for a Celtics team looking to hang a banner, instead he is out for the season following heart surgery.
Instead, Green is in a pretty good place.
He spoke with the Boston Globe about his mental state as he hung out and joked around with the team in Miami before the Heat game.
“I’m very relieved, because I can play basketball again,’’ he said before the Celtics lost to the Heat, 115-107, last night at American Airlines Arena. “It’s a blessing that it was found because you never know what could happen….
“It’s like therapy, man,’’ he said. “Being around the team really helps me relax. It takes my mind off of it because I don’t want to be sitting around in the house thinking about the whole thing. You can go crazy doing that.’’
There’s a lot of hard work ahead of him, but anyone involved in rehab will tell you that the attitude of the patient is half the battle. At least. And it sounds like Green is in the right frame of mind.
We hope to see him back on the court next season.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47