Dec 28, 2011, 11:15 PM EDT
Which is was why it was trouble when just seconds into the Grizzlies playoff rematch with Oklahoma City the point guard rolled his left ankle. This was an aggravation of a minor injury he was playing through.
It was pretty nasty and he did not return to the game (which Oklahoma City won 98-95). Rookie Jeremy Pargo filled in with heavy minutes in Conley’s place.
No word yet on the severity and how many games he may miss. The Grizzlies host the Rockets on Friday then travel to Chicago on New Year’s Day.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 18
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17