Dec 28, 2011, 11:15 PM EST
Which is was why it was trouble when just seconds into the Grizzlies playoff rematch with Oklahoma City the point guard rolled his left ankle. This was an aggravation of a minor injury he was playing through.
It was pretty nasty and he did not return to the game (which Oklahoma City won 98-95). Rookie Jeremy Pargo filled in with heavy minutes in Conley’s place.
No word yet on the severity and how many games he may miss. The Grizzlies host the Rockets on Friday then travel to Chicago on New Year’s Day.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16