Dec 28, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
UPDATE: All seems to be well now, as Wade checked back in with 1:23 left in the third. He still didn’t look to be 100 percent, but managed to bank home the game-winner with two seconds left to give the Heat a hard-fought, and very entertaining win over the Bobcats.
The Miami Heat were already trailing in Charlotte to the Bobcats at halftime by a score of 60-45. Without Dwyane Wade the rest of the way, their comeback chances just got a little bit worse.
Wade has a left foot injury, and his return is questionable, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. James Jones started the second half as Wade remained in the locker room.
Wade played 17 first half minutes, but managed just four points on 2-of-8 shooting with one assist and two personal fouls.
We’ll have more on Wade’s status as the situation develops.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 7
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 9
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9