Dec 28, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
UPDATE: All seems to be well now, as Wade checked back in with 1:23 left in the third. He still didn’t look to be 100 percent, but managed to bank home the game-winner with two seconds left to give the Heat a hard-fought, and very entertaining win over the Bobcats.
The Miami Heat were already trailing in Charlotte to the Bobcats at halftime by a score of 60-45. Without Dwyane Wade the rest of the way, their comeback chances just got a little bit worse.
Wade has a left foot injury, and his return is questionable, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. James Jones started the second half as Wade remained in the locker room.
Wade played 17 first half minutes, but managed just four points on 2-of-8 shooting with one assist and two personal fouls.
We’ll have more on Wade’s status as the situation develops.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20