Dec 28, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
UPDATE: All seems to be well now, as Wade checked back in with 1:23 left in the third. He still didn’t look to be 100 percent, but managed to bank home the game-winner with two seconds left to give the Heat a hard-fought, and very entertaining win over the Bobcats.
The Miami Heat were already trailing in Charlotte to the Bobcats at halftime by a score of 60-45. Without Dwyane Wade the rest of the way, their comeback chances just got a little bit worse.
Wade has a left foot injury, and his return is questionable, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. James Jones started the second half as Wade remained in the locker room.
Wade played 17 first half minutes, but managed just four points on 2-of-8 shooting with one assist and two personal fouls.
We’ll have more on Wade’s status as the situation develops.
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 7
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 40
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 17
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 13
- Report: James Dolan meddles into Phil Jackson’s attempts to fire Knicks employees 52