Dec 28, 2011, 8:48 PM EST
UPDATE: All seems to be well now, as Wade checked back in with 1:23 left in the third. He still didn’t look to be 100 percent, but managed to bank home the game-winner with two seconds left to give the Heat a hard-fought, and very entertaining win over the Bobcats.
The Miami Heat were already trailing in Charlotte to the Bobcats at halftime by a score of 60-45. Without Dwyane Wade the rest of the way, their comeback chances just got a little bit worse.
Wade has a left foot injury, and his return is questionable, reports Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com. James Jones started the second half as Wade remained in the locker room.
Wade played 17 first half minutes, but managed just four points on 2-of-8 shooting with one assist and two personal fouls.
We’ll have more on Wade’s status as the situation develops.
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 0
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 7
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 2
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 5
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)