Dec 28, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
Except, the result has been sluggish starts for the Bulls. (Kobe would be happy to commiserate.)
The Bulls had to come from 11 points down with less than four minutes to go against the Lakers, then fell behind Golden State early and never recovered.
So out with the new and in with the old — Rose is going to start being aggressive early. That’s what he told the Chicago Tribune.
“In the first quarter I have to establish myself a little more,” Rose said. “I see that being laid-back is just not doing it. I think both games in the first quarter I shot the ball just one or two times. So next game, I have to change it up…
“I have to push the ball, get to the rim, be more aggressive,” Rose said. “We tend to slow the ball down a little bit, getting a feel for how we’re playing. I really haven’t caught on to it yet.”
Rose is 1-for-4 shooting with four free throws in the first quarter of the last two games. Combined.
The Sacramento Kings Thursday and Los Angeles Clippers Friday should be ready for something completely different.
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 0
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 21
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 4
- Thursday night NBA grades: Gerald Green just couldn’t seem to miss 6
- After rough shooting night LeBron says he’s “not a big fan” of sleeved jerseys 39