Dec 28, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Except, the result has been sluggish starts for the Bulls. (Kobe would be happy to commiserate.)
The Bulls had to come from 11 points down with less than four minutes to go against the Lakers, then fell behind Golden State early and never recovered.
So out with the new and in with the old — Rose is going to start being aggressive early. That’s what he told the Chicago Tribune.
“In the first quarter I have to establish myself a little more,” Rose said. “I see that being laid-back is just not doing it. I think both games in the first quarter I shot the ball just one or two times. So next game, I have to change it up…
“I have to push the ball, get to the rim, be more aggressive,” Rose said. “We tend to slow the ball down a little bit, getting a feel for how we’re playing. I really haven’t caught on to it yet.”
Rose is 1-for-4 shooting with four free throws in the first quarter of the last two games. Combined.
The Sacramento Kings Thursday and Los Angeles Clippers Friday should be ready for something completely different.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 8
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 19
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14