Dec 28, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
Except, the result has been sluggish starts for the Bulls. (Kobe would be happy to commiserate.)
The Bulls had to come from 11 points down with less than four minutes to go against the Lakers, then fell behind Golden State early and never recovered.
So out with the new and in with the old — Rose is going to start being aggressive early. That’s what he told the Chicago Tribune.
“In the first quarter I have to establish myself a little more,” Rose said. “I see that being laid-back is just not doing it. I think both games in the first quarter I shot the ball just one or two times. So next game, I have to change it up…
“I have to push the ball, get to the rim, be more aggressive,” Rose said. “We tend to slow the ball down a little bit, getting a feel for how we’re playing. I really haven’t caught on to it yet.”
Rose is 1-for-4 shooting with four free throws in the first quarter of the last two games. Combined.
The Sacramento Kings Thursday and Los Angeles Clippers Friday should be ready for something completely different.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 0
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 2
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37