Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
I’m trying to picture how this conversation went down.
“Hey, Kobe, it’s Alex Rodriguez. You know, your counterpart from baseball as the most hated guy in the league.”
“That Kris Humphries now.”
“Oh, sorry. How’s the family?”
“Anyway, wanted to ask you a quick question about that knee treatment you got done in Germany…”
The Yankees slugger went to Germany to get the experimental treatment on his knee that Kobe Bryant got this summer, reports the New York Post. It’s a variation of platelet rich plasma therapy called Orthokine. Nobody knows if it works, but players wear those power band bracelets and that company is bankrupt from lawsuits so…
Kobe’s knee has reportedly been better this season and he has more lift in his jump. If that is the treatment or the extended time off from the lockout you can decide, but Kobe is not complaining about his knee.
Rodriguez may want to watch the ligaments in his wrist next training camp, however.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 35
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22