Dec 28, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
I’m trying to picture how this conversation went down.
“Hey, Kobe, it’s Alex Rodriguez. You know, your counterpart from baseball as the most hated guy in the league.”
“That Kris Humphries now.”
“Oh, sorry. How’s the family?”
“Anyway, wanted to ask you a quick question about that knee treatment you got done in Germany…”
The Yankees slugger went to Germany to get the experimental treatment on his knee that Kobe Bryant got this summer, reports the New York Post. It’s a variation of platelet rich plasma therapy called Orthokine. Nobody knows if it works, but players wear those power band bracelets and that company is bankrupt from lawsuits so…
Kobe’s knee has reportedly been better this season and he has more lift in his jump. If that is the treatment or the extended time off from the lockout you can decide, but Kobe is not complaining about his knee.
Rodriguez may want to watch the ligaments in his wrist next training camp, however.
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 0
- Spurs take commanding 3-0 lead over Grizzlies with overtime win in Game 3 6
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 35
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 22
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?