Dec 27, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Washington Wizards fans booed Kris Humphries all night long Monday. Well done, Washingtonians. Way to side with the woman who became famous because of a sex tape. She has the high moral ground. (Humphries had 21 points, 16 rebounds by the way.)
Coach Rick Adelman will miss Tuesday’s Minnesota game to attend the funeral of his mother-in-law.
The Knicks are about to pick up former Harvard star Jeremy Lin, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. So, another Harvard guy gets a job in Manhattan. The Rockets had to cut Jeremy Lin to make way for Samuel Dalembert.
Look for the fine to come next — Milwaukee forward Drew Gooden was ejected from the Bucks’ game for a flagrant foul.
We told you in our recaps that the Mavs Sean Williams threw up all over the floor when he sat down on the bench Tuesday (summing up the whole game for Dallas). If that is the kind of thing you want to see video of, here you go.
Bobcats guard guard D.J. Augustin sprained his ankle and is listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Pendergraph could return to the Pacers next week (he tweaked his surgically repaired knee during training camp).
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59