Dec 27, 2011, 11:08 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Washington Wizards fans booed Kris Humphries all night long Monday. Well done, Washingtonians. Way to side with the woman who became famous because of a sex tape. She has the high moral ground. (Humphries had 21 points, 16 rebounds by the way.)
Coach Rick Adelman will miss Tuesday’s Minnesota game to attend the funeral of his mother-in-law.
The Knicks are about to pick up former Harvard star Jeremy Lin, reports Marc Stein at ESPN. So, another Harvard guy gets a job in Manhattan. The Rockets had to cut Jeremy Lin to make way for Samuel Dalembert.
Look for the fine to come next — Milwaukee forward Drew Gooden was ejected from the Bucks’ game for a flagrant foul.
We told you in our recaps that the Mavs Sean Williams threw up all over the floor when he sat down on the bench Tuesday (summing up the whole game for Dallas). If that is the kind of thing you want to see video of, here you go.
Bobcats guard guard D.J. Augustin sprained his ankle and is listed as day-to-day.
Jeff Pendergraph could return to the Pacers next week (he tweaked his surgically repaired knee during training camp).
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9