Dec 27, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
This would be the smart thing to do, he’s rolled the same surgically repaired ankle twice in the past week. The good news out of this is that X-rays showed no serious damage to the ankle.
Should Curry miss more games as they play it cautious with a troublesome ankle? Should he just play through it? There are no easy answers, Matt Steinmetz points out at CSNBayArea.com.
10:47 am: Stephen Curry was brilliant Monday — 21 points, 10 assists — and he was the reason the Warriors beat the Bulls.
But he left midway through the fourth quarter after turning his ankle, reports Matt Steinmentz at CSNBayArea.com. That would be the same ankle he had surgery on this summer because of ligament issues. Second time in a week he has tweaked that ankle.
Yes, that would be a red flag that just went up.
He is officially listed as day-to-day. Curry did return to the bench late in the game and said he could have come back in and played. Coach Mark Jackson thought better of it.
The Warriors next play the Knicks Wednesday night.
Ankle issues lingered with Curry all last season and despite the surgery it looks as if they may again. Bad news for the Warriors (and Curry’s fantasy owners).
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 38
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5