Dec 27, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
This would be the smart thing to do, he’s rolled the same surgically repaired ankle twice in the past week. The good news out of this is that X-rays showed no serious damage to the ankle.
Should Curry miss more games as they play it cautious with a troublesome ankle? Should he just play through it? There are no easy answers, Matt Steinmetz points out at CSNBayArea.com.
10:47 am: Stephen Curry was brilliant Monday — 21 points, 10 assists — and he was the reason the Warriors beat the Bulls.
But he left midway through the fourth quarter after turning his ankle, reports Matt Steinmentz at CSNBayArea.com. That would be the same ankle he had surgery on this summer because of ligament issues. Second time in a week he has tweaked that ankle.
Yes, that would be a red flag that just went up.
He is officially listed as day-to-day. Curry did return to the bench late in the game and said he could have come back in and played. Coach Mark Jackson thought better of it.
The Warriors next play the Knicks Wednesday night.
Ankle issues lingered with Curry all last season and despite the surgery it looks as if they may again. Bad news for the Warriors (and Curry’s fantasy owners).
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 0
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 8
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 25
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20