Dec 27, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
This would be the smart thing to do, he’s rolled the same surgically repaired ankle twice in the past week. The good news out of this is that X-rays showed no serious damage to the ankle.
Should Curry miss more games as they play it cautious with a troublesome ankle? Should he just play through it? There are no easy answers, Matt Steinmetz points out at CSNBayArea.com.
10:47 am: Stephen Curry was brilliant Monday — 21 points, 10 assists — and he was the reason the Warriors beat the Bulls.
But he left midway through the fourth quarter after turning his ankle, reports Matt Steinmentz at CSNBayArea.com. That would be the same ankle he had surgery on this summer because of ligament issues. Second time in a week he has tweaked that ankle.
Yes, that would be a red flag that just went up.
He is officially listed as day-to-day. Curry did return to the bench late in the game and said he could have come back in and played. Coach Mark Jackson thought better of it.
The Warriors next play the Knicks Wednesday night.
Ankle issues lingered with Curry all last season and despite the surgery it looks as if they may again. Bad news for the Warriors (and Curry’s fantasy owners).
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15