Dec 27, 2011, 1:42 PM EST
This would be the smart thing to do, he’s rolled the same surgically repaired ankle twice in the past week. The good news out of this is that X-rays showed no serious damage to the ankle.
Should Curry miss more games as they play it cautious with a troublesome ankle? Should he just play through it? There are no easy answers, Matt Steinmetz points out at CSNBayArea.com.
10:47 am: Stephen Curry was brilliant Monday — 21 points, 10 assists — and he was the reason the Warriors beat the Bulls.
But he left midway through the fourth quarter after turning his ankle, reports Matt Steinmentz at CSNBayArea.com. That would be the same ankle he had surgery on this summer because of ligament issues. Second time in a week he has tweaked that ankle.
Yes, that would be a red flag that just went up.
He is officially listed as day-to-day. Curry did return to the bench late in the game and said he could have come back in and played. Coach Mark Jackson thought better of it.
The Warriors next play the Knicks Wednesday night.
Ankle issues lingered with Curry all last season and despite the surgery it looks as if they may again. Bad news for the Warriors (and Curry’s fantasy owners).
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13