Dec 27, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Jeremy Lin came out of Harvard with a fearless game — he attacked the rim at every opportunity. Even the times he shouldn’t. But his aggressiveness and some good finishes made him a fan favorite in Las Vegas at the Summer League a couple years ago. He’s quick but his game is a bit raw. Still, in the right system could work.
“We’ve always liked him as a player,” Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said. “Very quick. He defends pretty well. But he can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball. We haven’t seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him.”
Lin was on the Warriors roster last year and played 20 games in the D-League with Reno. The Rockets picked him up for this season but had to release him to make room for Samuel Dalembert.
There are not a lot of PG minutes in NYC — Toney Douglas starts, Iman Shumpert is a D’Antoni favorite, and Mike Bibby is set to return on Wednesday. But none of those guys is looking fantastic, so there are minutes to be earned with good play.
Knicks fans are going to love him, but we’ll see if he can stick.
- Report: At the moment, Lakers no longer considering trading Pau gasol 6
- PBT Extra: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving? Plus coaching hot seat talk. 6
- Report: Celtics may be frontrunners for Asik; would move Bass, Lee, pick 6
- Tyson Chandler returns to Knicks lineup Wednesday night 5
- Beasley out, LeBron game-time decision; Heat not worried about Pacers right now 16
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (105)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)