Dec 27, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Jeremy Lin came out of Harvard with a fearless game — he attacked the rim at every opportunity. Even the times he shouldn’t. But his aggressiveness and some good finishes made him a fan favorite in Las Vegas at the Summer League a couple years ago. He’s quick but his game is a bit raw. Still, in the right system could work.
“We’ve always liked him as a player,” Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said. “Very quick. He defends pretty well. But he can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball. We haven’t seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him.”
Lin was on the Warriors roster last year and played 20 games in the D-League with Reno. The Rockets picked him up for this season but had to release him to make room for Samuel Dalembert.
There are not a lot of PG minutes in NYC — Toney Douglas starts, Iman Shumpert is a D’Antoni favorite, and Mike Bibby is set to return on Wednesday. But none of those guys is looking fantastic, so there are minutes to be earned with good play.
Knicks fans are going to love him, but we’ll see if he can stick.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29