Dec 27, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin came out of Harvard with a fearless game — he attacked the rim at every opportunity. Even the times he shouldn’t. But his aggressiveness and some good finishes made him a fan favorite in Las Vegas at the Summer League a couple years ago. He’s quick but his game is a bit raw. Still, in the right system could work.
“We’ve always liked him as a player,” Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said. “Very quick. He defends pretty well. But he can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball. We haven’t seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him.”
Lin was on the Warriors roster last year and played 20 games in the D-League with Reno. The Rockets picked him up for this season but had to release him to make room for Samuel Dalembert.
There are not a lot of PG minutes in NYC — Toney Douglas starts, Iman Shumpert is a D’Antoni favorite, and Mike Bibby is set to return on Wednesday. But none of those guys is looking fantastic, so there are minutes to be earned with good play.
Knicks fans are going to love him, but we’ll see if he can stick.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15