Dec 27, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin came out of Harvard with a fearless game — he attacked the rim at every opportunity. Even the times he shouldn’t. But his aggressiveness and some good finishes made him a fan favorite in Las Vegas at the Summer League a couple years ago. He’s quick but his game is a bit raw. Still, in the right system could work.
“We’ve always liked him as a player,” Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said. “Very quick. He defends pretty well. But he can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball. We haven’t seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him.”
Lin was on the Warriors roster last year and played 20 games in the D-League with Reno. The Rockets picked him up for this season but had to release him to make room for Samuel Dalembert.
There are not a lot of PG minutes in NYC — Toney Douglas starts, Iman Shumpert is a D’Antoni favorite, and Mike Bibby is set to return on Wednesday. But none of those guys is looking fantastic, so there are minutes to be earned with good play.
Knicks fans are going to love him, but we’ll see if he can stick.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43