Dec 27, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin came out of Harvard with a fearless game — he attacked the rim at every opportunity. Even the times he shouldn’t. But his aggressiveness and some good finishes made him a fan favorite in Las Vegas at the Summer League a couple years ago. He’s quick but his game is a bit raw. Still, in the right system could work.
“We’ve always liked him as a player,” Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni said. “Very quick. He defends pretty well. But he can really get in the lane and distribute the basketball. We haven’t seen him for a couple of years, but when we worked him out, we liked him.”
Lin was on the Warriors roster last year and played 20 games in the D-League with Reno. The Rockets picked him up for this season but had to release him to make room for Samuel Dalembert.
There are not a lot of PG minutes in NYC — Toney Douglas starts, Iman Shumpert is a D’Antoni favorite, and Mike Bibby is set to return on Wednesday. But none of those guys is looking fantastic, so there are minutes to be earned with good play.
Knicks fans are going to love him, but we’ll see if he can stick.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4