Dec 27, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Beating the Miami Heat is a challenge anyway, but Boston is going to have to do it without Paul Pierce on Tuesday night.
Doc Rivers confirmed that, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I just have to be as much as aggressive as I can be, make it as hard as I can for him to score the basket,” Pavlovic told CSNNE.com. “Obviously, (LeBron and Dwyane Wade are) both great scorers. It’s not like I’m going to stop them from scoring, but I have to make it tough for them.”
The Celtics missed Pierce on Christmas Day in a loss to the Knicks, they missed his shot creation and ability to drain the midrange jumper. They will miss his maturity against the Heat — Miami wants to run and Boston will want to control the tempo. Pierce is very good at that.
The Celtics play Wednesday in New Orleans, no word yet on if he will go for that game.
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 1
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 43
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 17
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 34
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29