Dec 27, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
Beating the Miami Heat is a challenge anyway, but Boston is going to have to do it without Paul Pierce on Tuesday night.
Doc Rivers confirmed that, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com.
“I just have to be as much as aggressive as I can be, make it as hard as I can for him to score the basket,” Pavlovic told CSNNE.com. “Obviously, (LeBron and Dwyane Wade are) both great scorers. It’s not like I’m going to stop them from scoring, but I have to make it tough for them.”
The Celtics missed Pierce on Christmas Day in a loss to the Knicks, they missed his shot creation and ability to drain the midrange jumper. They will miss his maturity against the Heat — Miami wants to run and Boston will want to control the tempo. Pierce is very good at that.
The Celtics play Wednesday in New Orleans, no word yet on if he will go for that game.
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 17
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 4
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 22
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21