Andray Blatche wants you all to calm down, he’s not mad at coach

Dec 27, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT

Washington Wizards v Houston Rockets

It’s all so simple. Andray Blatche just wants the ball in the post.

So he says we shouldn’t read his comments after last night’s game as calling out his coach. And teammates. Here is the quote.

“I said that I need the ball in the paint to be effective. You can’t keep having me pick and pop and shoot jump shots. Give me the ball in the paint. That’s where I’m most effective at. I’ve been saying that since training camp. I need the ball in the paint. I don’t want to be the pick and pop guy I used to be, because that’s not working for me.”

Using Blatche and effective — or efficient — in the same sentence is questionable, whether or not he is in the post.

Anyway, saying you’ve been asking for more play in the paint since training camp but it’s not happening is now not calling out your coach. That’s what Blatche said on twitter.

source:

Okay. We’ll shut up. Coach Flip Saunders basically blew it off when reporters asked him about the comments.

But in the end does this help a Wizards team that blew a 20-point lead to a not very impressive Nets team? Maybe not, but as Frank Hanrahan points out at CSNWashington.com, at least Blatche cares about the loss. Which is a nice change of pace.

1. test2402 - Dec 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Never tell Tim Tebow to calm down.

2. brooklynbulls - Dec 27, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Note to Blatche “nobody cares”. Direct your comments to the people this would matter to, and you wouldnt have to worry about explaining yourself or “shutting” people up.

3. yankeesjetsknicksrangers - Dec 27, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I watched a bit of the Nets vs Wiz game, man was that ugly. Looked more like a pickup or D-League stuff.

4. goforthanddie - Dec 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

It’s Biatche who needs to shut up. Wow, what a professional.

5. oriolesvsravens - Dec 27, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Whenever a play breaks down I never see Blatche in the post.

6. dysraw1 - Dec 27, 2011 at 6:27 PM

OH my bad i can respect that

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches