Dec 26, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
These were the deciding plays in the Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas Day. There is a smart trap play by the Bulls — they didn’t just foul right away, they went for the steal first — that leads to a poor pass from Kobe Bryant that gets picked off.
Watch Derrick Rose come down, probe, back off in a mature play because nothing was there, then set up his own isolation.
There he makes the smart move — he hits the 8-foot floater in the lane because Pau Gasol and the Lakers defense was coming. Kobe Bryant got the isolation to end the game, attacked all the way to the rim and that gave Joakim Noah time to get over and make the block.
Enjoy watching Rose, he is something special.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13