Dec 26, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
These were the deciding plays in the Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas Day. There is a smart trap play by the Bulls — they didn’t just foul right away, they went for the steal first — that leads to a poor pass from Kobe Bryant that gets picked off.
Watch Derrick Rose come down, probe, back off in a mature play because nothing was there, then set up his own isolation.
There he makes the smart move — he hits the 8-foot floater in the lane because Pau Gasol and the Lakers defense was coming. Kobe Bryant got the isolation to end the game, attacked all the way to the rim and that gave Joakim Noah time to get over and make the block.
Enjoy watching Rose, he is something special.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 18
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 25
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 4
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 10
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31