Dec 26, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
These were the deciding plays in the Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas Day. There is a smart trap play by the Bulls — they didn’t just foul right away, they went for the steal first — that leads to a poor pass from Kobe Bryant that gets picked off.
Watch Derrick Rose come down, probe, back off in a mature play because nothing was there, then set up his own isolation.
There he makes the smart move — he hits the 8-foot floater in the lane because Pau Gasol and the Lakers defense was coming. Kobe Bryant got the isolation to end the game, attacked all the way to the rim and that gave Joakim Noah time to get over and make the block.
Enjoy watching Rose, he is something special.
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 5
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 12
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 13