Dec 26, 2011, 8:07 AM EDT
These were the deciding plays in the Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas Day. There is a smart trap play by the Bulls — they didn’t just foul right away, they went for the steal first — that leads to a poor pass from Kobe Bryant that gets picked off.
Watch Derrick Rose come down, probe, back off in a mature play because nothing was there, then set up his own isolation.
There he makes the smart move — he hits the 8-foot floater in the lane because Pau Gasol and the Lakers defense was coming. Kobe Bryant got the isolation to end the game, attacked all the way to the rim and that gave Joakim Noah time to get over and make the block.
Enjoy watching Rose, he is something special.
- Kyrie Irving aces, Kevin Love passes first playoff test in Cavaliers win over Celtics 0
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 19
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6