Dec 26, 2011, 8:07 AM EST
These were the deciding plays in the Bulls win over the Lakers on Christmas Day. There is a smart trap play by the Bulls — they didn’t just foul right away, they went for the steal first — that leads to a poor pass from Kobe Bryant that gets picked off.
Watch Derrick Rose come down, probe, back off in a mature play because nothing was there, then set up his own isolation.
There he makes the smart move — he hits the 8-foot floater in the lane because Pau Gasol and the Lakers defense was coming. Kobe Bryant got the isolation to end the game, attacked all the way to the rim and that gave Joakim Noah time to get over and make the block.
Enjoy watching Rose, he is something special.
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 0
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 20
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 35
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)