Dec 26, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
Bobcats fans are going to just read this nod in agreement. Bobcats front office members, too.
Stephen Jackson admitted last season when Charlotte traded Gerald Wallace to Portland he pretty much mentally checked out from the Bobcats. Here are the quotes, via Rock Bonnell at the Charlotte Observer.
“When Gerald left, I really left,’’ Jackson said at morning shootaround at Time Warner Cable Arena.
“Considering what we did (getting to) the playoffs, and then all those changes. To take Gerald away really took a lot out of me. I still was trying to do my job as best I can, but it was a lot harder. When they got rid of Gerald, that let me know they didn’t want to win. I didn’t want to be part of a place like that.’’
Wallace was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night. With Milwaukee he’s going to be asked to create shots and provide scoring from the wing for the team that had the worst offense in the NBA last season.
Which is one way of saying expect Jackson to try to take over the game and put up 40 on the Bobcats tonight.
But reading his quotes — and knowing how Jackson wants his contract extended two years — has to make Bucks fans a little uneasy. And after all the bad luck that franchise has had the last couple years, the fans are pretty uneasy anyway.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8