Dec 26, 2011, 7:11 PM EDT
Bobcats fans are going to just read this nod in agreement. Bobcats front office members, too.
Stephen Jackson admitted last season when Charlotte traded Gerald Wallace to Portland he pretty much mentally checked out from the Bobcats. Here are the quotes, via Rock Bonnell at the Charlotte Observer.
“When Gerald left, I really left,’’ Jackson said at morning shootaround at Time Warner Cable Arena.
“Considering what we did (getting to) the playoffs, and then all those changes. To take Gerald away really took a lot out of me. I still was trying to do my job as best I can, but it was a lot harder. When they got rid of Gerald, that let me know they didn’t want to win. I didn’t want to be part of a place like that.’’
Wallace was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks on draft night. With Milwaukee he’s going to be asked to create shots and provide scoring from the wing for the team that had the worst offense in the NBA last season.
Which is one way of saying expect Jackson to try to take over the game and put up 40 on the Bobcats tonight.
But reading his quotes — and knowing how Jackson wants his contract extended two years — has to make Bucks fans a little uneasy. And after all the bad luck that franchise has had the last couple years, the fans are pretty uneasy anyway.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 10
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 17
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 13
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP