Dec 26, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Was this really a good time for the Lakers to go away from the triangle?
Facinating profile in the Charlotte Observer of Michael Jordan’s right hand man, Curtis Polk, one of the few people on the planet who can say “no” to Jordan.
Don’t expect to see Mickael Pietrus in a Celtics uniform until Friday.
There are 88 guys who played in the D-League on NBA rosters to start the season.
Doc Rivers says Celtics/Knicks is a real rivalry again.
Interesting post from Mavs owner Mark Cuban on why he hasn’t set up in-game, smart phone based social networking for the team’s fans.
Hawks ownership says they are not looking to sell the team. Right. I’m not looking to win the lottery, either.
Mike Brown would like to know what Kobe Bryant was thinking on that last pass.
Andris Biedrins played really well on Sunday — 5-of-5 shooting, eight rebounds, three blocks. Not saying he’s back, just pointing out a fact. Oh, what the heck — He’s back!
Ricky Davis and Greg Ostertag have signed to play in the D-League.
The Hornets signed Mexico native Gustavo Ayon but the big man is still stuck in Spain (where he played) due to Visa issues.
The Clippers give a lot of run to Brian Cook off the bench. They need some depth up front. Badly.
Playing 20 questions with the Bulls season.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 0
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 24
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 18
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 25
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 28
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 38
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 29