Dec 26, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Was this really a good time for the Lakers to go away from the triangle?
Facinating profile in the Charlotte Observer of Michael Jordan’s right hand man, Curtis Polk, one of the few people on the planet who can say “no” to Jordan.
Don’t expect to see Mickael Pietrus in a Celtics uniform until Friday.
There are 88 guys who played in the D-League on NBA rosters to start the season.
Doc Rivers says Celtics/Knicks is a real rivalry again.
Interesting post from Mavs owner Mark Cuban on why he hasn’t set up in-game, smart phone based social networking for the team’s fans.
Hawks ownership says they are not looking to sell the team. Right. I’m not looking to win the lottery, either.
Mike Brown would like to know what Kobe Bryant was thinking on that last pass.
Andris Biedrins played really well on Sunday — 5-of-5 shooting, eight rebounds, three blocks. Not saying he’s back, just pointing out a fact. Oh, what the heck — He’s back!
Ricky Davis and Greg Ostertag have signed to play in the D-League.
The Hornets signed Mexico native Gustavo Ayon but the big man is still stuck in Spain (where he played) due to Visa issues.
The Clippers give a lot of run to Brian Cook off the bench. They need some depth up front. Badly.
Playing 20 questions with the Bulls season.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 46
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31