Dec 26, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Was this really a good time for the Lakers to go away from the triangle?
Facinating profile in the Charlotte Observer of Michael Jordan’s right hand man, Curtis Polk, one of the few people on the planet who can say “no” to Jordan.
Don’t expect to see Mickael Pietrus in a Celtics uniform until Friday.
There are 88 guys who played in the D-League on NBA rosters to start the season.
Doc Rivers says Celtics/Knicks is a real rivalry again.
Interesting post from Mavs owner Mark Cuban on why he hasn’t set up in-game, smart phone based social networking for the team’s fans.
Hawks ownership says they are not looking to sell the team. Right. I’m not looking to win the lottery, either.
Mike Brown would like to know what Kobe Bryant was thinking on that last pass.
Andris Biedrins played really well on Sunday — 5-of-5 shooting, eight rebounds, three blocks. Not saying he’s back, just pointing out a fact. Oh, what the heck — He’s back!
Ricky Davis and Greg Ostertag have signed to play in the D-League.
The Hornets signed Mexico native Gustavo Ayon but the big man is still stuck in Spain (where he played) due to Visa issues.
The Clippers give a lot of run to Brian Cook off the bench. They need some depth up front. Badly.
Playing 20 questions with the Bulls season.
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 1
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 25
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 20
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 60
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay