Dec 26, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Almost got robbed today.. But homie said he recognized me and the good I’ve done for his hood so that made him change his mind… WOW
After the game Williams detailed the incident, saying he took the man to a local fast food restaurant and bought him a meal.
You’ve gotta admit, that’s one heck of a story. Just one more reason for NBA players to do charity work and give back to their community — people will think twice about robbing you on Christmas Eve. Well done, Lou Williams.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21