Dec 26, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Kevin Garnett won’t have to give any additional Christmas presents to a charity of the NBA’s choice because of his altercation with the Knicks’ Bill Walker yesterday:
Celtics Kevin Garnett won’t receive suspension or fine for physical incident with Knicks Billy Walker, NBA says.
Garnett’s antics have become tiresome to a lot of NBA fans, but this altercation wasn’t particularly heinous — I would have been surprised with a suspension, but I’m also surprised that Garnett didn’t have to pay a dime for putting his hand on Bill Walker’s neck — even a normal technical foul carries a fine with it, and there’s no question in my mind that Garnett would have gotten a T if he’d gone after Walker the way he did during regulation.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 3
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 15
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 4
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 46
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23