Dec 26, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Kevin Garnett won’t have to give any additional Christmas presents to a charity of the NBA’s choice because of his altercation with the Knicks’ Bill Walker yesterday:
Celtics Kevin Garnett won’t receive suspension or fine for physical incident with Knicks Billy Walker, NBA says.
Garnett’s antics have become tiresome to a lot of NBA fans, but this altercation wasn’t particularly heinous — I would have been surprised with a suspension, but I’m also surprised that Garnett didn’t have to pay a dime for putting his hand on Bill Walker’s neck — even a normal technical foul carries a fine with it, and there’s no question in my mind that Garnett would have gotten a T if he’d gone after Walker the way he did during regulation.
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 38
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 14
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 29
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 64