Dec 26, 2011, 5:58 PM EDT
According to Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports, Kevin Garnett won’t have to give any additional Christmas presents to a charity of the NBA’s choice because of his altercation with the Knicks’ Bill Walker yesterday:
Celtics Kevin Garnett won’t receive suspension or fine for physical incident with Knicks Billy Walker, NBA says.
Garnett’s antics have become tiresome to a lot of NBA fans, but this altercation wasn’t particularly heinous — I would have been surprised with a suspension, but I’m also surprised that Garnett didn’t have to pay a dime for putting his hand on Bill Walker’s neck — even a normal technical foul carries a fine with it, and there’s no question in my mind that Garnett would have gotten a T if he’d gone after Walker the way he did during regulation.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12