Dec 26, 2011, 8:34 AM EDT
Well, that didn’t take long. Kevin Garnett could be in trouble with the league after one game.
On the final play of the game the Knicks Bill Walker was trying to contest Garnett’s shot (only because Walker picked his teammate Tyson Chandler off Garnett, giving KG a very good look) and when it missed Walker had a couple words for Garnett.
Then KG tried to reach out and choke Walker. It’s brief but it’s there, hands to the throat. See the video below.
Garnett refused to talk about it post game, reports A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com. However, Walker did talk about it. And he’s still not backing down from KG.
“I went to contest his shot,’’ Walker said. “I guess he got mad I contested his shot. He grabbed my hand, tangled it up. I pulled my hand away, and then we had a situation . . .
“I’m a grown-up. You put your hands on my face, what part of the game is that? You know what the man does . . . Would you want me to put my hands on your face and push you away? I’m a man at the end of the day. It’s disrespectful. You should not do that to any man.’’
There wasn’t a whole lot to this (don’t think it warrants suspension and barely a fine) , but it did get replayed plenty on national television, and you know how the league office is about perception. If they think it looks bad for the league, KG could get a slap. Either financial or a suspension.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 0
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 8
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4