Dec 24, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
The Heat announced Saturday that they have waived Eddie House. House joined the Heat last season as a free agent after being traded from the Celtics in 2010 when the Knicks acquired Nate Robinson, who was coincidentally also waived by the Thunder on Saturday.
House played limited minutes for the Heat last year, with a handful of quality games and saw his involvement nearly vanish once Mike Bibby joined the team at mid-season. The Heat decided to keep end-of-the-bench players Mickell Gladness and Terrell Harris. They will eat House’s salary for the season. With Mike Miller back from surgery and Shane Battier with perimeter range, House’s biggest strength was largely redundant.
House will likely wind up back with a contender in need of bench depth. It remains to be seen whether the paper thin Celtics would have an interest and if so, if House is willing to let go of his frustration over being traded.
But hey, one thing’s for certain, House will wind up doing various dances after 3-pointers somewhere. But first he has to recover from minor knee surgery, so he’ll have some time to weight his options.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6