Dec 24, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
The Heat announced Saturday that they have waived Eddie House. House joined the Heat last season as a free agent after being traded from the Celtics in 2010 when the Knicks acquired Nate Robinson, who was coincidentally also waived by the Thunder on Saturday.
House played limited minutes for the Heat last year, with a handful of quality games and saw his involvement nearly vanish once Mike Bibby joined the team at mid-season. The Heat decided to keep end-of-the-bench players Mickell Gladness and Terrell Harris. They will eat House’s salary for the season. With Mike Miller back from surgery and Shane Battier with perimeter range, House’s biggest strength was largely redundant.
House will likely wind up back with a contender in need of bench depth. It remains to be seen whether the paper thin Celtics would have an interest and if so, if House is willing to let go of his frustration over being traded.
But hey, one thing’s for certain, House will wind up doing various dances after 3-pointers somewhere. But first he has to recover from minor knee surgery, so he’ll have some time to weight his options.
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 4
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 13
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (59)
- Penguins bounce Senators
- Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final