Dec 24, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
The Heat announced Saturday that they have waived Eddie House. House joined the Heat last season as a free agent after being traded from the Celtics in 2010 when the Knicks acquired Nate Robinson, who was coincidentally also waived by the Thunder on Saturday.
House played limited minutes for the Heat last year, with a handful of quality games and saw his involvement nearly vanish once Mike Bibby joined the team at mid-season. The Heat decided to keep end-of-the-bench players Mickell Gladness and Terrell Harris. They will eat House’s salary for the season. With Mike Miller back from surgery and Shane Battier with perimeter range, House’s biggest strength was largely redundant.
House will likely wind up back with a contender in need of bench depth. It remains to be seen whether the paper thin Celtics would have an interest and if so, if House is willing to let go of his frustration over being traded.
But hey, one thing’s for certain, House will wind up doing various dances after 3-pointers somewhere. But first he has to recover from minor knee surgery, so he’ll have some time to weight his options.
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 0
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 2
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 35
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 24
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte