Dec 24, 2011, 4:59 PM EST
The Heat announced Saturday that they have waived Eddie House. House joined the Heat last season as a free agent after being traded from the Celtics in 2010 when the Knicks acquired Nate Robinson, who was coincidentally also waived by the Thunder on Saturday.
House played limited minutes for the Heat last year, with a handful of quality games and saw his involvement nearly vanish once Mike Bibby joined the team at mid-season. The Heat decided to keep end-of-the-bench players Mickell Gladness and Terrell Harris. They will eat House’s salary for the season. With Mike Miller back from surgery and Shane Battier with perimeter range, House’s biggest strength was largely redundant.
House will likely wind up back with a contender in need of bench depth. It remains to be seen whether the paper thin Celtics would have an interest and if so, if House is willing to let go of his frustration over being traded.
But hey, one thing’s for certain, House will wind up doing various dances after 3-pointers somewhere. But first he has to recover from minor knee surgery, so he’ll have some time to weight his options.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 7
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 13
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20