Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated reports:
Robinson is only 27, so age isn’t an issue. He’s a veteran, so inexperience isn’t an issue. And he can produce; in New York he was a major scoring option. But it’s difficult to see which team is so in need of a diminutive combo guard (well, outside of Minnesota). Robinson will no doubt land somewhere, but he may not be a central contributor on-court.
Off-court, though, there may not be a better pick-up. What team does’t need the ultimate cheerleader and dance squad leader? Robinson was prolific in last year’s playoffs, celebrating every Thunder 3-pointer like it was a game winning shot in the Finals. Get that guy some pom-poms and you’re set.
Also, how many elves jokes do you think are going to get made if he gets picked up between now and Sunday afternoon?
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 2
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 9
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 11
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 49