Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated reports:
Robinson is only 27, so age isn’t an issue. He’s a veteran, so inexperience isn’t an issue. And he can produce; in New York he was a major scoring option. But it’s difficult to see which team is so in need of a diminutive combo guard (well, outside of Minnesota). Robinson will no doubt land somewhere, but he may not be a central contributor on-court.
Off-court, though, there may not be a better pick-up. What team does’t need the ultimate cheerleader and dance squad leader? Robinson was prolific in last year’s playoffs, celebrating every Thunder 3-pointer like it was a game winning shot in the Finals. Get that guy some pom-poms and you’re set.
Also, how many elves jokes do you think are going to get made if he gets picked up between now and Sunday afternoon?
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30