Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated reports:
Robinson is only 27, so age isn’t an issue. He’s a veteran, so inexperience isn’t an issue. And he can produce; in New York he was a major scoring option. But it’s difficult to see which team is so in need of a diminutive combo guard (well, outside of Minnesota). Robinson will no doubt land somewhere, but he may not be a central contributor on-court.
Off-court, though, there may not be a better pick-up. What team does’t need the ultimate cheerleader and dance squad leader? Robinson was prolific in last year’s playoffs, celebrating every Thunder 3-pointer like it was a game winning shot in the Finals. Get that guy some pom-poms and you’re set.
Also, how many elves jokes do you think are going to get made if he gets picked up between now and Sunday afternoon?
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38