Dec 24, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated reports:
Robinson is only 27, so age isn’t an issue. He’s a veteran, so inexperience isn’t an issue. And he can produce; in New York he was a major scoring option. But it’s difficult to see which team is so in need of a diminutive combo guard (well, outside of Minnesota). Robinson will no doubt land somewhere, but he may not be a central contributor on-court.
Off-court, though, there may not be a better pick-up. What team does’t need the ultimate cheerleader and dance squad leader? Robinson was prolific in last year’s playoffs, celebrating every Thunder 3-pointer like it was a game winning shot in the Finals. Get that guy some pom-poms and you’re set.
Also, how many elves jokes do you think are going to get made if he gets picked up between now and Sunday afternoon?
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 16
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 18
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4