Dec 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It wasn’t pretty when Stephen Curry sprained his ankle in a preseason game — the same one he had surgery on this summer. He was crawling around on the court on all fours then was carried by teammates back to the locker room.
“It’s hard to say. Today I was able to walk, to move around, and it’s only Thursday, so we’ll see where I get to before Sunday,” Curry said. “I’d like to practice before Sunday.”
Curry is officially day-to-day, and he said there are ways to tape and braces he could wear that would provide extra support. But, he also wants it to get right and not linger, as it did last season. His ankle didn’t really roll that far but he had surgery to tighten up the ligaments this summer so things were tight. He said he had been playing on it for two months without incident prior to the injury.
We’ll see. The Warriors have a tall order against the Clippers even with Curry (the Clippers front court is the bigger problem for the Warriors and Kwame Brown up there). Without Curry’s scoring it will be very hard to get an opening day win.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 3
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 8
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 13
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25