Dec 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EST
It wasn’t pretty when Stephen Curry sprained his ankle in a preseason game — the same one he had surgery on this summer. He was crawling around on the court on all fours then was carried by teammates back to the locker room.
“It’s hard to say. Today I was able to walk, to move around, and it’s only Thursday, so we’ll see where I get to before Sunday,” Curry said. “I’d like to practice before Sunday.”
Curry is officially day-to-day, and he said there are ways to tape and braces he could wear that would provide extra support. But, he also wants it to get right and not linger, as it did last season. His ankle didn’t really roll that far but he had surgery to tighten up the ligaments this summer so things were tight. He said he had been playing on it for two months without incident prior to the injury.
We’ll see. The Warriors have a tall order against the Clippers even with Curry (the Clippers front court is the bigger problem for the Warriors and Kwame Brown up there). Without Curry’s scoring it will be very hard to get an opening day win.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7