Dec 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EST
It wasn’t pretty when Stephen Curry sprained his ankle in a preseason game — the same one he had surgery on this summer. He was crawling around on the court on all fours then was carried by teammates back to the locker room.
“It’s hard to say. Today I was able to walk, to move around, and it’s only Thursday, so we’ll see where I get to before Sunday,” Curry said. “I’d like to practice before Sunday.”
Curry is officially day-to-day, and he said there are ways to tape and braces he could wear that would provide extra support. But, he also wants it to get right and not linger, as it did last season. His ankle didn’t really roll that far but he had surgery to tighten up the ligaments this summer so things were tight. He said he had been playing on it for two months without incident prior to the injury.
We’ll see. The Warriors have a tall order against the Clippers even with Curry (the Clippers front court is the bigger problem for the Warriors and Kwame Brown up there). Without Curry’s scoring it will be very hard to get an opening day win.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10