Dec 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It wasn’t pretty when Stephen Curry sprained his ankle in a preseason game — the same one he had surgery on this summer. He was crawling around on the court on all fours then was carried by teammates back to the locker room.
“It’s hard to say. Today I was able to walk, to move around, and it’s only Thursday, so we’ll see where I get to before Sunday,” Curry said. “I’d like to practice before Sunday.”
Curry is officially day-to-day, and he said there are ways to tape and braces he could wear that would provide extra support. But, he also wants it to get right and not linger, as it did last season. His ankle didn’t really roll that far but he had surgery to tighten up the ligaments this summer so things were tight. He said he had been playing on it for two months without incident prior to the injury.
We’ll see. The Warriors have a tall order against the Clippers even with Curry (the Clippers front court is the bigger problem for the Warriors and Kwame Brown up there). Without Curry’s scoring it will be very hard to get an opening day win.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4