Dec 23, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
It wasn’t pretty when Stephen Curry sprained his ankle in a preseason game — the same one he had surgery on this summer. He was crawling around on the court on all fours then was carried by teammates back to the locker room.
“It’s hard to say. Today I was able to walk, to move around, and it’s only Thursday, so we’ll see where I get to before Sunday,” Curry said. “I’d like to practice before Sunday.”
Curry is officially day-to-day, and he said there are ways to tape and braces he could wear that would provide extra support. But, he also wants it to get right and not linger, as it did last season. His ankle didn’t really roll that far but he had surgery to tighten up the ligaments this summer so things were tight. He said he had been playing on it for two months without incident prior to the injury.
We’ll see. The Warriors have a tall order against the Clippers even with Curry (the Clippers front court is the bigger problem for the Warriors and Kwame Brown up there). Without Curry’s scoring it will be very hard to get an opening day win.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 34
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12