Dec 23, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
The important thing in all this is that Hayes is healthy, that whatever the issue was could be treated and dealt with. Now we can get back to watching him ball and seeing how he pairs with DeMarcus Cousins.
1:35 am: The Kings had agreed to pay Chuck Hayes $21 million over four years to provide some of the steady play and defense they were lacking along their front line.
However, after some further tests and treatment, Hayes was cleared to play. And it looks like he will be back in Sacramento — for a little more money.
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated has the details, saying Hayes would will be in SacTown Friday.
Chuck Hayes has been cleared to play after the Kings voided his contract because of concerns about his heart, according to his agent, and the free-agent big man is expected to sign a four-year deal worth about $22 million to return to Sacramento.
A source close to the situation said the Kings offered about $1 million more than they had in the previous agreement…
That would be a raise. Which Hayes will accept.
Hayes is a great fit for the Kings, a hard working, old-school pro who will provide some of the discipline the young Kings could use. We’ll see if it rubs off.
We’re not going to wish a serious physical condition on anyone, but it worked out financially for Hayes. And he’s worth the extra money for Kings. Easily.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8