Dec 23, 2011, 9:05 AM EDT
The important thing in all this is that Hayes is healthy, that whatever the issue was could be treated and dealt with. Now we can get back to watching him ball and seeing how he pairs with DeMarcus Cousins.
1:35 am: The Kings had agreed to pay Chuck Hayes $21 million over four years to provide some of the steady play and defense they were lacking along their front line.
However, after some further tests and treatment, Hayes was cleared to play. And it looks like he will be back in Sacramento — for a little more money.
Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated has the details, saying Hayes would will be in SacTown Friday.
Chuck Hayes has been cleared to play after the Kings voided his contract because of concerns about his heart, according to his agent, and the free-agent big man is expected to sign a four-year deal worth about $22 million to return to Sacramento.
A source close to the situation said the Kings offered about $1 million more than they had in the previous agreement…
That would be a raise. Which Hayes will accept.
Hayes is a great fit for the Kings, a hard working, old-school pro who will provide some of the discipline the young Kings could use. We’ll see if it rubs off.
We’re not going to wish a serious physical condition on anyone, but it worked out financially for Hayes. And he’s worth the extra money for Kings. Easily.
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 3
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44