Dec 23, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
It’s got to be the shoes!
The retro Air Jordan Concord 2011s dropped Friday and people have flat out lost it. Not you dear reader, but the unwashed masses of sneakerheads out there.
In Seattle police had to use pepper spray and made an arrest in a crowd of more than 1,000 who showed up waiting for one store to open and start selling the shoes. In Lithonia, Ga. (near Atlanta) four people were arrested in a similar situation.
There was a frenzy online as well as orders crashed a couple shoe sites (not Nike’s site, but others), CNBC’s Darren Rovell reports on twitter.
You know, when I read that some woman used pepper spray on Black Friday at a Wal*Mart, I shrug because that doesn’t seem out of place for some reason. But rioting over Air Jordans? That I didn’t see coming.
Don’t think we’ll ever see that over the retro Kobe Zoom series.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 37
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18