Dec 23, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
It’s got to be the shoes!
The retro Air Jordan Concord 2011s dropped Friday and people have flat out lost it. Not you dear reader, but the unwashed masses of sneakerheads out there.
In Seattle police had to use pepper spray and made an arrest in a crowd of more than 1,000 who showed up waiting for one store to open and start selling the shoes. In Lithonia, Ga. (near Atlanta) four people were arrested in a similar situation.
There was a frenzy online as well as orders crashed a couple shoe sites (not Nike’s site, but others), CNBC’s Darren Rovell reports on twitter.
You know, when I read that some woman used pepper spray on Black Friday at a Wal*Mart, I shrug because that doesn’t seem out of place for some reason. But rioting over Air Jordans? That I didn’t see coming.
Don’t think we’ll ever see that over the retro Kobe Zoom series.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16