Dec 23, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Both had their five-game suspensions to start the season reduced to four because of the schedule being cut back to 66 games due to the lockout.
Bynum will make his debut now on Dec. 31 against the Nuggets. George Karl just swore loud enough for you to hear wherever you are.
Villanueva’s first game will be against the Indiana Pacers on Dec. 31. Having him back won’t help the Pistons all that much, but it gives them a little depth up front, I guess.
Bynum earned his suspension for flattening J.J. Barea in game four of Lakers playoff series against Dallas last year, then taking off his jersey and storming off after an ejection. An ugly cap to an ugly series by the Lakers as they were swept away.
Villanueva tried to get in a fight with the Cavaliers Ryan Hollins last year and carried that over to the locker rooms when he tried to get into the Cavs room. He served one game of his suspension last season.
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 5
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 12
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 23
- LeBron James-Paul George matchup reaches awesome levels in Game 2 7
- John Calipari comes to defense of Derrick Rose 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy