Dec 23, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Both had their five-game suspensions to start the season reduced to four because of the schedule being cut back to 66 games due to the lockout.
Bynum will make his debut now on Dec. 31 against the Nuggets. George Karl just swore loud enough for you to hear wherever you are.
Villanueva’s first game will be against the Indiana Pacers on Dec. 31. Having him back won’t help the Pistons all that much, but it gives them a little depth up front, I guess.
Bynum earned his suspension for flattening J.J. Barea in game four of Lakers playoff series against Dallas last year, then taking off his jersey and storming off after an ejection. An ugly cap to an ugly series by the Lakers as they were swept away.
Villanueva tried to get in a fight with the Cavaliers Ryan Hollins last year and carried that over to the locker rooms when he tried to get into the Cavs room. He served one game of his suspension last season.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27