Dec 23, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Snoop Dogg is no Pau Gasol fan. (Language NSFW or family Christmas gatherings. The spelling is bad, too.)
A really fascinating read about how Heat coach Erik Spoelstra learned about the Oregon football spread offense and looked for ways to bring it to the NBA.
Another fascinating read: Jonathan Abrams of Grantland got fantastic access to the Nets for a week as they prepare for the season off a truncated training camp.
J.R. Smith’s team in China faced off against Wilson Chandler’s, and Smith went off for 51. And his team still lost.
Interesting thoughts about the Dallas Mavericks rotation.
What is on your team’s NBA holiday wish list?
Talking about the absurdity of the NBA’s compacted schedule.
Amare Stoudemire says the Knicks are going to do some hunting in South Florida, and Dwyane Wade responds.
Then Stoudemire took another swipe at the Heat, saying the Maverick’s thrown is too high for them.
The Pistons new locker room is sweet. Probably not as nice as the one for the Oregon Ducks football team, though.
Marcus Thornton was back on the court for the Kings on Thursday after missing a few days due to kidneys stones. Yes, kidney stones.
Watch Wizards owner Ted Leonsis talk about his team.
In case you missed it, the Hawks paid the toll on a road in Atlanta for a day. And they lined the road with cheerleaders.
Watch Sasha Vujacic get ejected from a game in Spain for doing something very Vujacic.
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 2
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 4
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 32
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- Popovich explains decision to sit Duncan late in regulation of Game 6 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record