Dec 23, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Snoop Dogg is no Pau Gasol fan. (Language NSFW or family Christmas gatherings. The spelling is bad, too.)
A really fascinating read about how Heat coach Erik Spoelstra learned about the Oregon football spread offense and looked for ways to bring it to the NBA.
Another fascinating read: Jonathan Abrams of Grantland got fantastic access to the Nets for a week as they prepare for the season off a truncated training camp.
J.R. Smith’s team in China faced off against Wilson Chandler’s, and Smith went off for 51. And his team still lost.
Interesting thoughts about the Dallas Mavericks rotation.
What is on your team’s NBA holiday wish list?
Talking about the absurdity of the NBA’s compacted schedule.
Amare Stoudemire says the Knicks are going to do some hunting in South Florida, and Dwyane Wade responds.
Then Stoudemire took another swipe at the Heat, saying the Maverick’s thrown is too high for them.
The Pistons new locker room is sweet. Probably not as nice as the one for the Oregon Ducks football team, though.
Marcus Thornton was back on the court for the Kings on Thursday after missing a few days due to kidneys stones. Yes, kidney stones.
Watch Wizards owner Ted Leonsis talk about his team.
In case you missed it, the Hawks paid the toll on a road in Atlanta for a day. And they lined the road with cheerleaders.
Watch Sasha Vujacic get ejected from a game in Spain for doing something very Vujacic.
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 0
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 24
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 17