Dec 23, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
New name, same drill. This is our morning look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT).
Snoop Dogg is no Pau Gasol fan. (Language NSFW or family Christmas gatherings. The spelling is bad, too.)
A really fascinating read about how Heat coach Erik Spoelstra learned about the Oregon football spread offense and looked for ways to bring it to the NBA.
Another fascinating read: Jonathan Abrams of Grantland got fantastic access to the Nets for a week as they prepare for the season off a truncated training camp.
J.R. Smith’s team in China faced off against Wilson Chandler’s, and Smith went off for 51. And his team still lost.
Interesting thoughts about the Dallas Mavericks rotation.
What is on your team’s NBA holiday wish list?
Talking about the absurdity of the NBA’s compacted schedule.
Amare Stoudemire says the Knicks are going to do some hunting in South Florida, and Dwyane Wade responds.
Then Stoudemire took another swipe at the Heat, saying the Maverick’s thrown is too high for them.
The Pistons new locker room is sweet. Probably not as nice as the one for the Oregon Ducks football team, though.
Marcus Thornton was back on the court for the Kings on Thursday after missing a few days due to kidneys stones. Yes, kidney stones.
Watch Wizards owner Ted Leonsis talk about his team.
In case you missed it, the Hawks paid the toll on a road in Atlanta for a day. And they lined the road with cheerleaders.
Watch Sasha Vujacic get ejected from a game in Spain for doing something very Vujacic.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 15
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 40
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19